Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or to the upper shoulder, just watched it...the head wasn't hit. No penalty, no suspension = not that dirty

Wrong.

toewsjam_medium.gif

Straight head shot,, with elbows, no shoulder, excessive followthrough....

....and yes, Brendan Shannahan is a *****. Wouldn't wanna punish a guy for breaking the rules if it might hurt his team in the Finals. What kinda message would that send? :rolleyes: Guess Chara and Boychuk can keep throwin' 'bows while the Hawks continue to show skill. Boston Strong. :fro:

Hit to the shoulder, with no elbows, and "follow through" - but who cares about "follow through"?

Survey says: NOT DIRTY!

Paulster there's a big rumor going around Edmonton about trading the number 7 pick to Toronto for a package that includes either Phaneuf or Gardiner.

If by shoulders you mean a double punch to the neck then yes, I didn't see an elbow either, and as far as follow through... do you honestly expect someone to stop all momentum when they make contact. I would def call it a headshot/dirty hit, but how can you expect a suspension from that borderline hit in the finals

If it's not blatantly an illegal hit. (That means illegal even with the homer goggles off, because let's face it, you guys are the only ones that think there is even a slight chance that the hit was meant to be malicious, illegal? It'd questionable, but that brings me to my next point) it's not going to lead to suspension this late in the playoffs, especially with an elimination game tonight.

Paulster there's a big rumor going around Edmonton about trading the number 7 pick to Toronto for a package that includes either Phaneuf or Gardiner.

Gardiner: great player. not going anywhere.
Phaneuf: captain. also not going anywhere.

The 7th overall mystery box pick will likely not be a player as good as Gardiner or Phaneuf. If those guys go anywhere it'll be for something solid, like a big-time centre or something.

Here's 10 years of 7th overall picks. I don't see the need to do this, do you?

2010 Jeff Skinner C Kitchener (OHL) Carolina Hurricanes
2009 Nazem Kadri C London (OHL) Toronto Maple Leafs
2008 Colin Wilson C Boston U. Nashville Predators
2007 Jakub Voracek C Halifax (QMJHL) Columbus Blue Jackets
2006 Kyle Okposo RW Des Moines (USHL) New York Islanders
2005 Jack Skille RW U.S. Junior National Team (Intl) Chicago Blackhawks
2004 Rostislav Olesz C Vitkovice HC (Czech) Florida Panthers
2003 Ryan Suter D U.S. Junior National Team (Intl) Nashville Predators
2002 Joffrey Lupul C Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL) Anaheim Ducks
2001 Mike Komisarek D U. of Michigan (NCAA) Montreal Canadiens

Holy crap! There's an NHL referee on HBT!

bwahahahaha

And... let's finish this thing tonight. Oh, and sorry Boston fans who wanted pics of them hoisting the cup Saturday night. I'll wave my rally towel tonight as the Hawks put the final nails in the coffin. Oh and by the way, your boy Bergeron is in good hands medically. I went to Rush for my doctorate and can tell you they have the best surgeons in town. His spleen will be just fine. :D

bwahahahaha

And... let's finish this thing tonight. Oh, and sorry Boston fans who wanted pics of them hoisting the cup Saturday night. I'll wave my rally towel tonight as the Hawks put the final nails in the coffin. Oh and by the way, your boy Bergeron is in good hands medically. I went to Rush for my doctorate and can tell you they have the best surgeons in town. His spleen will be just fine. :D

except there hasnt been anything confirmed about his spleen...and he flew home with the team saturday after leaving the hospital that night...

and saying you have the best surgeons in town is like saying you're the smartest kid with downs.

anyone who knows anything about medical care knows that boston area hospitals are second to none in the country, not in town.

bwahahahaha

I heard it was his butt that was hurt, not his spleen. :ban:

and saying you have the best surgeons in town is like saying you're the smartest kid with downs.

Classy, bro. Boston Strong, right? :rolleyes:

Really though, as much as I'd like to see the Hawks take the Cup at home, I hope they finish them off tonight. The Bruins have obviously had their fill of skill, and are just starting to play like Vancouver now.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
I heard it was his butt that was hurt, not his spleen. :ban:

Really though, as much as I'd like to see the Hawks take the Cup at home, I hope they finish them off tonight. The Bruins have obviously had their fill of skill, and are just starting to play like Vancouver now.

Vancouver? Please elaborate on that....

I'm so sick of this BS season. Hope it ends tonight so we can get to the fun stuff - draft day, buyouts, trades, and signings!

Asterisk year has gone on too far in to summer.

I'm so sick of this BS season. Hope it ends tonight so we can get to the fun stuff - draft day, buyouts, trades, and signings!

Asterisk year has gone on too far in to summer.

It did, for you guys, like 6 weeks ago? ;) Really though, I hope it does too, but for very different reasons. Though I can't lie, a couple times this POs I've thought about how epic it'd be to have a flatscreen on the patio. :mug:

Because making a joke about a hospital in chicago is the same parallel with boston pride after a terrorist attack on the country... You win sir. You are an idiot

If you can honestly you've never made a mental disability joke or said the word retarded, then you are a liar...

Bruins by 2 tonight. That is all

Because making a joke about a hospital in chicago is the same parallel with boston pride after a terrorist attack on the country... You win sir. You are an idiot

Right, because I was totally making a joke about a terrorist attack. The "joke" was that Boston fans are weenies and crybabies for bitching about a t-shirt made for Chicago fans, to the point that the shirt needed to be taken off the market. I found irony in the whole thing. Ferrealzzzz. I may be an idiot, but you are a moron. :p :rolleyes:

As for the "retarded" joke. We'd all be liars if we said we never have made them, still doesn't make it a classy thing to do on a public forum. Stay "strong" bruddah. :mug:

Bergeron and toews are both likely to play tonight. Should be fun.

I didn't see that the leafs got bernier until just now. Good pickup.

Bergeron and toews are both likely to play tonight. Should be fun.

I didn't see that the leafs got bernier until just now. Good pickup.

I don't know how good Bernier is, and so I'm not sure how I feel about giving up Frattin, who IMO is underrated. If Optimus Reim continues to play at the level he was at I even have to question the necessity of picking up another goalie. What we really need is a big, elite center.

anyone who knows anything about medical care knows that boston area hospitals are second to none in the country, not in town.

If I had my choice I'd be at Mayo Clinic or Cleveland Clinic, personally, before heading to MA. Boston General is highly rated, yes, but best? Pfffffttt.

I can't wait for all of the b!tching to end tonight when Kaner continues to explode offensively and Crow stands on his fing head. I realize the season will always have an asterisk, which is fine, but I'll still take the cup. :ban:

I don't know how good Bernier is, and so I'm not sure how I feel about giving up Frattin, who IMO is underrated. If Optimus Reim continues to play at the level he was at I even have to question the necessity of picking up another goalie. What we really need is a big, elite center.

Frattin might be underrated, but there's no way he's cracking the Leafs' depth chart to get out of 3rd-line-land. And we all know 3rd liners are easily replacable. Frattin would be amazing for a couple games, then look like a moron for the next week. It's like there's an awesome player in there batling with an idiot for mind control.

Sooooo, the Leafs goaltending today with Reimer/Bernier is better than yesterday when it was Reimer/Scribbles. Their 3rd line got a little worse, but hell we all know David Clarkson is coming so who cares.

Hope Frattin shines in LA. He seemed like a nice guy. I also hope Bernier shines in Toranna, because I like seeing trades work out for both teams.

Frattin might be underrated, but there's no way he's cracking the Leafs' depth chart to get out of 3rd-line-land. And we all know 3rd liners are easily replacable. Frattin would be amazing for a couple games, then look like a moron for the next week. It's like there's an awesome player in there batling with an idiot for mind control.

Sooooo, the Leafs goaltending today with Reimer/Bernier is better than yesterday when it was Reimer/Scribbles. Their 3rd line got a little worse, but hell we all know David Clarkson is coming so who cares.

Hope Frattin shines in LA. He seemed like a nice guy. I also hope Bernier shines in Toranna, because I like seeing trades work out for both teams.

Berny will take the starter role. But he will have to earn it, reimer would keep it if he can start the season the way he ended this one, but I have my doubts.

Either way, excellent 1-2 combo

Berny will take the starter role.

Surely they made the trade with this in mind. Admittedly, I don't get to watch a ton of Leafs games, but Reimer has always appeared to be little more than a liability in net. Looks like a good deal for Toronto though, the last thing LA needs is another 3rd liner, they have 4 lines full of them.

Obnoxious trash talk aside, here's hoping for another great game in this series - which has been nothing short of spectacular. I'll be hoping this goes seven, but if it ends here, it was one heck of a run, and the winning team deserved nothing less...

Cheers! :mug:

Now time for some Jesus hockey.

No, that's not a dig on hockey loving Christians, it's a dig on one of the worst arenas in which to play the game in the NHL. You Massholes ever heard of climate control? Jesus Christ on ice-skates.... :D

Back