Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell is with the Sabre's?? If it wasn't for Miller, the Bruins would be up 5-1. Instead of 2-1..Lindy's on his way out, it looks like.

Am I wrong, or is Buffalo's Miller a really good goalie??

I've read that he's done very well this season, considered the best in the league right now. I don't know much about him or follow the Sabres but he's older brother to Drew Miller (Red Wings) so I always take note when his name pops up. Plus its strange that my brother Ryan was born same year as Miller, and Drew's his next younger brother (I'm Drew and the second oldest.) So yeah, I take notice of them lol.

Ugh Red Wings, how can people still cheer for you?

Hope, I guess.

A couple of minutes into the 3rd and I was thinking "Can we start this period over?"

Must've been one hell of a speech in the Buffalo locker room between periods...

Cheers!

Woooo Ducks!

Go eff yourself, eh?

I never thought the Ducks would beat the Wings 5-2. Sports writers have been giving other teams a bit of credit, but I think it's time to say that Detroit needs to fix something. I couldn't watch the game or listen to the radio, but I feel like this was a game where Howard should have sat out or been benched mid-game. He's great, but his confidence is easily shaken sometimes and when he's tanking I wish he'd get pulled. Kind of like Valverde for the Tigers (any baseball fans here? I'm not surprised Leyland is "heartbroken" that Valverde is no longer with the Tigers).

If I remember right, Howard has only sat out one game this season, which says something about his abilities, but I feel he does better when he's allowed/forced to watch a backup play (or do well).

A day late, but I would just *love* it if the Rangers could stop blowing a lead before the end of regulation.

Oh man, beautiful deflection goal by Bozak. Up 2-0 halfway in the 3rd, so looking like another W, but anything can happen with the Leafs.

3-0, first shutout ever for Scrivens. Really have to give him credit for this one.

Hah. Montreal gets a goal without the puck actually going in the net. Not sure I've ever seen that before.

20130216_202516_1_Hagrid.jpg

Had good seats for the Maine vs. BU game tonight. Maine is playing much better as of late, too bad it's probably too late for them.

Down 4-1 halfway through the third, 2, 4on 4 goals and a short handed goal with 30 seconds left to tie it. Lost in OT 10 seconds left they put it all in the attack and the puck got loose, 2-0 odd man rush the other way, nothing the net minder could do. Lost with 3 seconds on the clock. Good hockey. Great environment, the alfond arena is just like the old hockey barns.

Hah. Montreal gets a goal without the puck actually going in the net. Not sure I've ever seen that before.

I've never seen that before in my life, that's a weird one. Even weirder when you see in the replay that the Montreal guy elbowed Voracek in the face before they both fell down. Not that it would have really made a difference anyway, but it should have been a penalty to Montreal instead of an automatic goal. What a strange call.

Anyway, great game by Scrivens! Only thing better than a shutout is a shutout against Ottawa or Montreal.

Great comeback by Edmonton from a 3 goal deficit. The Oilers have great hustle.

Make that, *INCREDIBLE* comeback. 4-1 about halfway in the game, to 6-4 by the end of regulation. 56 shots on goal. It really was a thing of beauty.

Rubes said:
I've never seen that before in my life, that's a weird one. Even weirder when you see in the replay that the Montreal guy elbowed Voracek in the face before they both fell down. Not that it would have really made a difference anyway, but it should have been a penalty to Montreal instead of an automatic goal. What a strange call.

Anyway, great game by Scrivens! Only thing better than a shutout is a shutout against Ottawa or Montreal.

Agreed. Jake was in his kitchen, but the elbow to the face isn't excusable just because the game is essentially over and out of hand.

Insult to injury by not calling the penalty and awarding the goal. I have seen that rule used before to award a goal when an empty net goal was prevented by a penalty on the defense.

Where's stittsville james and his Sens-loving filth?

Solid win by an injury-decimated Leafs roster against an injury-decimated Sens roster. Alfie is invisible this year - TIME TO RETIRE.

Boychuk almost scores an own-goal in the last second of the game but manages to move his body just enough.

Tough win tonite. Jets didn't go down as easy as I had expected...

Cheers!

Man jets fans booing chara.. classy folks yall are in Winnipeg.

...says the guy who has apparently never watched Boston play in any other arena outside of Massachusetts. It's winnipeg, dude. They always boo the other team's captain. It's, oh I don't know, fun?

What's your definition of classy? Just sit on your hands and STFU for 2.5 hours? Get real.

...says the guy who has apparently never watched Boston play in any other arena outside of Massachusetts. It's winnipeg, dude. They always boo the other team's captain. It's, oh I don't know, fun?

What's your definition of classy? Just sit on your hands and STFU for 2.5 hours? Get real.

Talking to a guy who has game center live playing 24-7. Watch all the Bruins games, all Detroit games, all kings games, most of the other games.

My definition of classy is actually knowing a thing or 2 about hockey, knowing which players pick out your guys, not just booing the guy with a C on his sweater just because he has that C. If you're going to be a fan at least be an educated one booing captains by default is un classy. Get real.

Meh. Winnipeg should be cheering Chara cause he didn't kill any of the jets with those lunchboxes he has for fists just sayin...

Oh yea how bout those Rangers winning a game! In style too shutting down ovechkin and ribiero!

Where's stittsville james and his Sens-loving filth?

LOL
filth...

Anyways, I think the rest of this season is going to be one long, painful trip to the first overall pick.

Get the #1 overall, pick up Nathan MacKinnon, get Karlsson, Spezza, and Cowen back from surgeries, trade some spare parts for a 3-4 shutdown Dman to play with Methot and a top 6 forward for the second line to replace retiring Alfie :(.

rebuild over.

That's how it's done, Burke. Wouldn't have lost your job to Nonis if you were half the GM Murray is.

Meh. Winnipeg should be cheering Chara cause he didn't kill any of the jets with those lunchboxes he has for fists just sayin...

Ya, he's just sooooo big and scary!
LOL
Chris+Neil+Boston+Bruins+v+Ottawa+Senators+veJklD_1s7Kl.jpg

It kind of looks like he's begging Neil "Please sir, It won't happen again. I've learned my lesson!"

People need to realize that just because he's large, doesn't make Chara a good fighter, or intimidating to other tough guys, or whatever. He has bambi legs, and goes off balance too easily.

Talking to a guy who has game center live playing 24-7. Watch all the Bruins games, all Detroit games, all kings games, most of the other games.

My definition of classy is actually knowing a thing or 2 about hockey, knowing which players pick out your guys, not just booing the guy with a C on his sweater just because he has that C. If you're going to be a fan at least be an educated one booing captains by default is un classy. Get real.

Thanks for clearing up any thoughts I had about wanting to move to Maine - apparently there's nothing to do there.

Boo whoever you want. It's fun. It's so good to hear someone other than Flyers fans talk about uneducated fans (at least other than the special ones in Pittsburgh).

See, it's not just Philly. Every team thinks the other team's fans don't know anything about hockey. Pittsburgh fans are finally figuring out the old two line pass rule now that it doesn't exist and recently started picking up on icing.

:ban:

Thanks for clearing up any thoughts I had about wanting to move to Maine - apparently there's nothing to do there.

:ban:

When you pour at a sports bar its either gamecenter or nba/nfl The tv behind the bar is under my control it stays on nhl.

And good on you Maine don't wantya.

Back