Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ForumRunner_20130111_195405.png

paulster2626 said:
Hahah Carlo Colaiacovo is already injured and training camp hasn't even started yet. Red Wings fans better get used to this.
Injured by Damian Brunner, also a red wing, while playing in Europe... I'd take him over Kindl though.

Anyone here pay for streaming NHL games? I'm considering ditching cable but all I'm finding online is an option to subscribe to NHL Vault, which doesn't say that it streams games live. It looks like I want NHL Gamecenter Live, but I'm not finding a way to subscribe. Any thoughts?

dudius said:
Anyone here pay for streaming NHL games? I'm considering ditching cable but all I'm finding online is an option to subscribe to NHL Vault, which doesn't say that it streams games live. It looks like I want NHL Gamecenter Live, but I'm not finding a way to subscribe. Any thoughts?

Check out hockeystreams.com. That's what I use. Stream all games in 720p to your PC or any iOS device. Well worth the $100 bucks for 12 months.

I've got NHL Gamecenter, which I use our PS3s for. Overall it's OK. Beats having to watch all the 1-800-CALL-SAM and Belle Tire commercials (for Detroit fans), and it's way cheaper than getting an HD cable package just to watch hockey.

My complaints would be the blackout restrictions and the poor buffering. The blackouts mean I have to wait until later in the night or the next day to watch a game. For playoff season, that's not all that fun. Especially when people start talking about last night's game. The poor buffering I'm not positive is NHL Gamecenter's fault, but I don't have that issue with any other streaming media on PS3. It's probably just the application software, but I'm not aware of any fix or alternatives for streaming it.

dudius said:
Derren Helm is also injured right now, and he's had a very rough past 12 months. http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/01/red_wings_darren_helm_will_mis.html

He might be ready to start the season, had an MRI on his back recently and the results were negative, as of earlier today. It's too bad though as Helm, while not a huge scorer, is one of those guys great defensive and energy players you need in the line up. On the upside the 4th line might be the nastiest the Wings have had in a while. Tootoo - Abdelkader - Bertuzzi

I've got NHL Gamecenter, which I use our PS3s for. Overall it's OK. Beats having to watch all the 1-800-CALL-SAM and Belle Tire commercials (for Detroit fans), and it's way cheaper than getting an HD cable package just to watch hockey.

My complaints would be the blackout restrictions and the poor buffering. The blackouts mean I have to wait until later in the night or the next day to watch a game. For playoff season, that's not all that fun. Especially when people start talking about last night's game. The poor buffering I'm not positive is NHL Gamecenter's fault, but I don't have that issue with any other streaming media on PS3. It's probably just the application software, but I'm not aware of any fix or alternatives for streaming it.

I was worried about the blackout restrictions. I feel like almost every Red Wings game is on either FSN Detroit or NBC Sports, so I didn't want to pay 5 bucks a month to watch each game the next day, especially when I end up listening to a lot of games on the radio while I'm at work (2nd shift :( )

Check out hockeystreams.com. That's what I use. Stream all games in 720p to your PC or any iOS device. Well worth the $100 bucks for 12 months.

That looks interesting because it offers so many leagues and is only 89.99 a year (doesn't say USD or CAN though)

I may have to consider finally ditching cable, the only things I care to watch live are sports. I could very easily torrent everything else.

I also see they have a referral program. If you have an account you should send me your refer-a-friend link.

saturday is the day. im off work that day too! :ban:

Yeah, i've been working most saturdays since around thanksgiving, this past Sat should be my last ... and just in time ...

i cannot wait til saturday, watched a few NCAA games this weekend and the mighty ducks was on HBO, hah.

I'm camping this weekend :(. I made the plans before the lockout was settled...so, I get to listen to the Jets game on AM radio.

I mean, Ottawa is going to lose, whether I watch the game or listen...but it would be nice to watch!

The League and the PA have come to an agreement on how to handle buy-outs for guys like Redden and Gomez, who were asked not to report to training camp and sit out the year.

In other news, the Leafs are holding a press conference soon to announce they signed Wade Redden and Scott Gomez :)

The League and the PA have come to an agreement on how to handle buy-outs for guys like Redden and Gomez, who were asked not to report to training camp and sit out the year.

In other news, the Leafs are holding a press conference soon to announce they signed Wade Redden and Scott Gomez :)

Your Leaf-bashing doesn't even make sense. Shouldn't you be working with your fellow winnipeggers to figure out new and exciting ways to drag your best player's name through the mud?

But you know what's the best part? Redden and Gomez wouldn't even consider playing in a freezing cold bunghole like Winnipeg. It's going to be -22 in Winnipeg today. That's -8F for all you 'muricans out there - EFFING COLD. Nope, you're stuck with former Maple Leafs castoffs like Kyle Wellwood and Alex Pocahonski. I'm sure they'll enjoy their nice relaxing travel requirements.

Wings had their Red/White game last night with the GR Griffins. Good game. Started VERY fast and sloppy, but eventually everyone calmed down and started looking pretty decent.

Too bad it was basically a no check game and some players played on both sides to practice the power play (Which Detroit REALLY needs to improve on this year!). Really nice to see the young guys out there. Chad Billins looked pretty solid. He played on Ferri's NCAA finals team last season and got in at GR on try-out.

The Griffins are actually being flown to their next game on Redbird 3. Otherwise they couldn't have played the scrimmage in Plymouth and gotten there in time by bus.

paulster2626 said:
Hahah Carlo Colaiacovo is already injured and training camp hasn't even started yet. Red Wings fans better get used to this.

Lol. Glad the blues finally let go of that one. Good luck with him. He can be a good player when healthy.

On a side note, is there any way the Blues don't win the central again this year? I can't wait to see if Tarasanko is the real deal.

On a side note, is there any way the Blues don't win the central again this year? I can't wait to see if Tarasanko is the real deal.
hard to tell since we really wont get a look at any of the other teams befor the season starts this sat. Id say Chi looks good with the team they have. not sure they will pull it off. Kane will prolly show up drunk or hung over for most of the games anyway. If the Wings can get some chemistry goin they will have a shot. Blues still seem a pretty well put together team as well. gonna be fun and fast.

hard to tell since we really wont get a look at any of the other teams befor the season starts this sat. Id say Chi looks good with the team they have. not sure they will pull it off. Kane will prolly show up drunk or hung over for most of the games anyway. If the Wings can get some chemistry goin they will have a shot. Blues still seem a pretty well put together team as well. gonna be fun and fast.

I think the Wings have a great group of players and just gotta figure out their lines, plays, and keep up the energy during their grueling travel schedule. Luckily all the other teams are in a similar position with travel so we'll see how all of the teams do under the extra stress. I think we will see some awesome hockey this year, despite the BS that the lockout put us through.

They have a good record on the road from what I can recall with the past fee seasons. Just something to showcase their talent.

Wings had their Red/White game last night with the GR Griffins. Good game. Started VERY fast and sloppy, but eventually everyone calmed down and started looking pretty decent.

Too bad it was basically a no check game and some players played on both sides to practice the power play

Bruins had a Black and Gold game last night... supposed to be the same, a game type scrimmage.

Apparently some of the Providence guys needed to be put into their place and some fisticuffs were displayed.

Hopefully it was more for show and place-putting than for serious, we don't need that kind of bs in the locker room.

Bruins had a Black and Gold game last night... supposed to be the same, a game type scrimmage.

Apparently some of the Providence guys needed to be put into their place and some fisticuffs were displayed.

Hopefully it was more for show and place-putting than for serious, we don't need that kind of bs in the locker room.

you mean one of the providence guys one punched a bruin ? I can't find the video again, but yeah.

i wouldnt exactly say it was a one punch fight... neither of them landed a clean shot really...

needless to say it was a little unnecessary for an inter-club scrimmage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UmpT_TcJOx0

just having a little fun, agreed it's probably unnecessary.

Seriously though, it might be a few months late but i seriously could not be happier to have my Flyers and the NHL back.

Cannot wait to drink a few homebrews and watch the Orange and Black, even better that we start the season off against Pittsburgh.

As much as i cannot stand them, it is ALWAYS an entertaining game between these two teams.

my girl and all my college buddies are from Philly so hockey season is a good time. I think i've actually been to more Flyer games in the last year than I went to Bruins games.

Won't wear anything Flyers, but i will wear anything anti-whoever they are playing. I was a huge hit the last time i went (Flyers v. Pens) and wore a "Crosby is a ******" shirt. It's black and Yellow (made my a Bruins fan company) but everyone just figured it was gold so anti pens... needless to say i was a person in many strangers pictures haha

my girl and all my college buddies are from Philly so hockey season is a good time. I think i've actually been to more Flyer games in the last year than I went to Bruins games.

Won't wear anything Flyers, but i will wear anything anti-whoever they are playing. I was a huge hit the last time i went (Flyers v. Pens) and wore a "Crosby is a ******" shirt. It's black and Yellow (made my a Bruins fan company) but everyone just figured it was gold so anti pens... needless to say i was a person in many strangers pictures haha

Never understood the butthurt wearing of the "I hate such-and-such" mentality. You should see the tools in Ottawa with all of their Leaf-hating gear. The level of butthurt is quite comical, really.

I enjoy going to Leafs/Habs games - seems it's just Leafs fans cheering for one team, and Habs fans cheering for another. Way more class than you'll find in places like Ottawa and Philly. At least Rangers fans can be hilarious about hating other teams.

Never understood the butthurt wearing of the "I hate such-and-such" mentality. You should see the tools in Ottawa with all of their Leaf-hating gear. The level of butthurt is quite comical, really.

I enjoy going to Leafs/Habs games - seems it's just Leafs fans cheering for one team, and Habs fans cheering for another. Way more class than you'll find in places like Ottawa and Philly. At least Rangers fans can be hilarious about hating other teams.

I know Philly gets a bad reputation, and i'm up there in terms of hating on fans/people from Philly.

However, I always go out of my way to chat up and make friendly with any out of town/opposing team fans in the building when i make it out to games.

I never understood it.

I think Homercidal said something about ticket prices a long while back. I'm glad to see Hockeytown is showing some fan-appreciation. For the first 35 hours that the ticket-office is open (forgot when that actually is/was) they offer all tickets without a service charge and they're also offering select seats at $9 per ticket, four tickets per game per customer and four games per customer. Idc how bad the seats are, $9 would be worth it if o were already near Detroit (it costs me about $100 to drive there).

Latest posts

Back