Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avery took a nice one to the nose and the gave it a good go in the end. Wings looked pretty good that game. (for a change). And NY was hungry to win it.

I'm glad it didn't go to OT thought, because I had to stop the DVR from recording Castle and didn't want to miss too much of it.

Can't wait to see how Avery looks. I think it left a mark...

Wings haven't looked great lately but it's just a bump in the road. Babs will get them going. Nice to see Datsyuk again, I almost forgot how good he was.

To WCrane I think there is a big difference between losing Crosby and Malkin vs Semin and Fehr. Don't forget the Caps still have their best player on the ice and the Pens don't have either of their top 2.

I'm watching the Lightning/Sabres game and there is this glowing ad on the boards. It's annoying as hell. Is this what advertisers are up to today? I'll boycott any company that does that and I'd hope others would too in that case. I really feel bad for the players and refs since that's got to be a distraction.

I'm not positive, but I believe that's added on the broadcast. I know I've seen similar things when watching the Wild on TV but when at the game they aren't there.
I with you, it's quite annoying, even if the players don't see them.

Holy crap, Buffalo > Tampa 7-4 after trailing 1-3. Great game.

tbel -- interesting. It was hard to tell since the glow seemed to reflect off the ice.

Holy crap, Buffalo > Tampa 7-4 after trailing 1-3. Great game.

tbel -- interesting. It was hard to tell since the glow seemed to reflect off the ice.
Can't say I ever noticed a reflection before.
I didn't watch any games tonight. Usually I'll have at least one on sometimes 2 or 3, but for some reason not tonight. Sound like I missed an entertaining game.

I'm watching the Lightning/Sabres game and there is this glowing ad on the boards. It's annoying as hell. Is this what advertisers are up to today? I'll boycott any company that does that and I'd hope others would too in that case. I really feel bad for the players and refs since that's got to be a distraction.

It is terribly distracting. I have played in arenas that have them, and I guess you get use to them, but I always had something in the corner of my eye pulling my attention away. Also the ring around the upper deck that most places have lit up and animated now, especially if they are making the lights move around the arena, for whatever reason, you must follow them around. Not good when you are a goalie and guys are firing pucks at your head.

All I can say is that the Bruins/Montreal game tonight was unbelievable. A total old school kickass game. Lots of goals and lots of fights. WOW!!!! I should have recorded this game...Fukc!!

Oh BTW, The B's won 8-6..Man, What a game....

It is terribly distracting. I have played in arenas that have them, and I guess you get use to them, but I always had something in the corner of my eye pulling my attention away. Also the ring around the upper deck that most places have lit up and animated now, especially if they are making the lights move around the arena, for whatever reason, you must follow them around. Not good when you are a goalie and guys are firing pucks at your head.

Ok, so I wasn't imagining things when I thought I saw reflections on the ice. Man, that's just crap that they allow sponsors to put their glowing logo feces on the boards like that.

Dang, the Wings are ripe for the picking right now. They better their sht together or it will be a long off-season! Time for Babcock to kick some ass! Too many bad passes out of the D, poor positioning, no hustle.

I should have watched the Bruins game instead!

I hate how the admin wants to limit fighting in the NHL. Doesn't he see the fans jumping out of their seats cheering when the scrum starts? I'm not saying that they should let dirty plays happen, but if it starts to get chippy, and two guys want to go, I say let 'em go! If someone gets a busted hand, or broken nose, well, they're big boys, they can handle it.

It's not taking away from the skill aspect of the game either. I think that if each team knows that rotten play will be rewarded with physicality, the skill players will have more room to do their thing.

I say let em fight. I dont like that guys get too messed up fighting but it's a physical sport. Stuff's gonna happen. If the scrum delays the game too long, issue a couple of fines and they'll learn to get it out early.

Oh yea, GO SHARKS. Coming off a win against Columbus, the Devils will be no problem. But if they are, my other favorite team will win, no issues there. :)

The deepest team in the league just got better - the Flyers traded two picks to Toronto for Kris Versteeg. Cue the "Oh sh*t" from the rest of the league. :rockin:

MeatyPortion said:
Is it just me or is Washington one of the most boring teams this year?

They aren't boring just not the most exciting team in the league. I mean they are 7th in the league and 5th in the conference....

By the way, for anyone (including myself) who missed the Islanders-Penguins game on the 11th: here's a rundown of the fight, I mean game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or is Washington one of the most boring teams this year?

Yeah just not the most exciting team anymore. Too much over-thinking on offense and the lack of a true 2C and 3C. Defense is much improved. I'd let Semin go for a true 2C.

The team is young with the most minutes by rookies in the league. Promising D-core and Goalies and some young wingers. Hopefully it is one step back and two step forward next season.

If they goose egg this 5 game road trip, i think broudreau will be on thin ice.

I won't say plan the parade in Philly, but can't the playoffs just ****ing start already! :rockin:

Can't start the playoffs now, I need to get some of my D men back into Vancouver. 5 starting D on IR right now. One on a shakey knee. Need at least a month before any of them are in game shape again. Hopefully some of the stinker teams are willing to part with a top 4 D man for a bag of pucks, we have no cap space left.

Would you Philly fans like some more former Blackhawks for your roster?

Sorry you had to sell off your whole team after the Cup last year and the flyers just solidified the deepest corps of forwards in the league, while having arguably the deepest 6 D-men. Oh yeah, and Michael Leighton isn't in net anymore :p

Still a long way to go though, and unlike Phillies fans, i dont get ahead of the game. Because if you haven't heard, the Phillies already won the World Series.

By the way, for anyone (including myself) who missed the Islanders-Penguins game on the 11th: here's a rundown of the fight, I mean game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puMana_bq1o

That was one of the most epic games of all time as far a fights are concerned, that Penguins bench was damn near empty at the end! Thanks for posting, I missed this game also. Really wishing that I hadnt now though..:mug:

Sorry you had to sell off your whole team after the Cup last year and the flyers just solidified the deepest corps of forwards in the league, while having arguably the deepest 6 D-men. Oh yeah, and Michael Leighton isn't in net anymore :p

Still a long way to go though, and unlike Phillies fans, i dont get ahead of the game. Because if you haven't heard, the Phillies already won the World Series.

If the Flyers get knocked out of the first round I'm going to rub your nose in it. :mug:

If the Flyers get knocked out of the first round I'm going to rub your nose in it. :mug:

:mug: And i'll deserve it! I'm really hoping that doesn't happen, that'd be freaking awful.

You can still rub it in about the Blackhawks actually winning it last year, I'm still pretty bitter about that. :mad:

Twenty some games to go, it should be a good finish and anything can happen in the playoffs, that's for damn sure.

I'm actually hoping the Flyers don't win the Presidents Trophy, seems to be nothing but a jinx!

Well, if Brock is anywhere as good as his dad was then this is a good deal for the Blues.

68th overall but rankings alot of times don't mean much. Remember Alexander Daigle?

GO BLUES!! Drinking my Chicamarillo IPA(best d@mn beer I've had, much less brewed) and watching the Blues KILL the Ducks! :D

Back