Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jtkratzer said:
Empty net with 3:30 left. Bold, but they need 3. Here's the Goodbye song. Getting ready for hand shakes.

Looking like 6-on-4 with Gus off for delay of game.

Might actually work to Philly's favor (not that they need it), allowing them to chip it down towards the empty net without risk of icing it.

So... who will be crying harder today? Crosby or Bettman? Obviously this means Edmonton should be forced to give up their draft pick to the Pens.

wildwest450 said:
Perhaps the Flyers will face someone with a goaltender next round.

Like who,exactly? If Ottawa wins tomorrow, the East will be a goaltending black hole.

Nice... Caps tie it up. Quite possibly the most annoying goal sound in the league though.

What a great day for hockey yesterday, eh Northjrzyg?
What a wonderful, clean, awesome super and clean hit Neil laid on Boyle eh?

LOL Love it!!!!

Yeah, great hit. Absolutely no direct contact with the head whatsoever. Meanwhile Rupp drills someone shoulder to chest and gets a charging. To sum it all up, the dirty play won the game. That and the Rangers embarrassing pp. It's all good, ain't over yet. Any word on Neil gettin suspended?

Northjerzyg said:
Yeah, great hit. Absolutely no direct contact with the head whatsoever. Meanwhile Rupp drills someone shoulder to chest and gets a charging. To sum it all up, the dirty play won the game. That and the Rangers embarrassing pp. It's all good, ain't over yet. Any word on Neil gettin suspended?

Why WOULD Neil get suspended?

Northjerzyg said:

jtkratzer said:
Why WOULD Neil get suspended?

Of course, it all makes sense now... Tortorella has an HBT account, and he goes by the nick of Northjerzyg.

Ok, I don't remember seeing his head hitting the ice. So tell me, cause I'm no doctor, how does a guy get a concussion from a body blow??

So last year, Vancouver throws a riot when they lose.

This they book out their arena during the playoffs for a Coldplay concert.

Tools. They deserve to lose.

I read somewhere that the last 6 of 8 Stanley cup winners didn't get out of the first round..Man it's tough to repeat.

I know that 10 of the last 12 conference champions didn't make it out of the second round the following year (with the Pitt/Detroit rematch being the exception)

Thanx for the article, but it doesn't explain how a "clean" hit without primary head contact causes a concussion. Guess the "don't want to see anyone hurt" mentality only applies to the flyers. But you dont see me writing 13 page responses about "unfair" officiating........

The bottom line is the Rangers tries to beat Ottawa in a clean, well played game. Guess the ugliness will have to return in game 6.....

Let's GO RANgERS!!!!!!!!

Northjerzyg said:
Thanx for the article, but it doesn't explain how a "clean" hit without primary head contact causes a concussion. Guess the "don't want to see anyone hurt" mentality only applies to the flyers. But you dont see me writing 13 page responses about "unfair" officiating........

The bottom line is the Rangers tries to beat Ottawa in a clean, well played game. Guess the ugliness will have to return in game 6.....

Let's GO RANgERS!!!!!!!!

Hagelin got 3 games for a clean, well-played game? Interesting.

People get hurt. That doesn't mean every injury is because of a dirty hit or suspendable infraction. Boyle shouldn't have had his head down watching his shot/pass.

Ask me about players coming across the blue line with their heads down. You should know him, too. *cough* Lindros *cough*

Complaining about officiating, since when? Cry me a river that your darling Rangers might lose I the first round.

Nick Grossman is out with a concussion. Hit to the head by Malkin, another one. No penalty or discipline on that one. He got an interference call for the one on Cooter. It's the way it is with star players with Shanahan. Same reason Neal sat one game for a run at Giroux and nothing for a Torres-like hit on Couturier.

It happens. Not every concussion is from a head shot or injury. You don't hear me whining about Grossman being out when he's been their best d-man. Gus stepped in today's and potted a goal.

Mark my words: unless Lapierre pulls his head out, LA will capitalize on his slow, half-assed play. Vancouver is ready to play. He is the only ne on their roster that doesn't fit in. Much like Torres 2 years ago.

That's why I said the ugliness WiLL ReTuRn. Referring to that particular game, not the series as a whole........

It will continue across all games, all series, until consistent punishment is dealt out, regardless of your star status.

I'm not whining or complaining, just using it as an example about Malkin's numerous headshots throughout the series. Until a guy like Malkin gets a legit suspension, even if it's only 5-10 games, it will continue. And like the NY/OTT series, you're going to see star players targeted in retaliation, like Alfredsson was. Ovechkin got a 3 game suspension for leaving his feet on a hit that DID NOT have head contact. If that hit was a head shot and resulted in injury, as a repeat offender, Ovie should have received a ban like Torres. We ALL know that wouldn't happen, and until it does, you're going to see star players like Ovie, Malkin, etc take those liberties because they know they're above the law.

The intent must be punished and your status on the star list needs to be removed from the criteria. The severity of the punishment can be impacted by whether or not there was an injury on the play, but if the player wasn't injured or taken off on a stretcher or to a hospital, that doesn't mean the "no harm, no foul" mentality should apply like the hit Neal put on Couturier.

The system/process for punishing players just needs to be reworked from top to bottom. So far, the league has put a lot of talk into taking headshots out of the game, but not been consistent in their actions to back that up.

Sometimes injuries happen from a clean hit. Swear to God. No, really.
Watch the CBC feed, much better look than the NBC feed.

You sound as ridiculous as your coach right now.

The game tonight was a s--tshow. More like a mediocre mid season game than a playoff game. The Caps need to play better to make it out if round one. No more impotent shots in the crease at anything other than the net.

Hell yeah Canucks... Beautiful show of patience and discipline by the Sedins.

Back