EPIC kegging haul!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatsleftofyou

Third Eye Pried Wide
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had such a crazy haul yesterday that I just had to share. First I went and picked up a 10.6cu freezer for $199 after rebate as mentioned here. Also a week or so back my mom was telling me that her church had some Pepsi kegs that for some reason the distributor didn't want back and they had been sitting there for a few years. I said that of course I wanted them! So yesterday we went to pick them up and I'm expecting maybe 3, but there were 7! After hauling those out she points to the 3 20lb CO2 tanks and says, "You want those too?". I almost fell over. :rockin:

I just hope you haven't used up all of your good luck for the next three years. Nice going!

Wow great find! How many kegs with that chest freezer hold? You might have some difficulty getting the 20# CO2 tanks filled if they are stamped on the side with Pepsi.

Wow great find! How many kegs with that chest freezer hold? You might have some difficulty getting the 20# CO2 tanks filled if they are stamped on the side with Pepsi.

I just threw some kegs in there and...
Ball locks: 5 on the floor, 2 on the hump if you build a collar
Pin locks: 6 on the floor, 2 on the hump

Thanks for the tip about the tanks. I just looked and 2/3 do have the distributors name on them. I'm not too worried though since I know a guy that works at a local welding gas shop and they actually give our homebrew club a great deal on refilling tanks. Even if not I'm still happy to have 1 free tank that I can use!

the owner names is stamped in to the steel. you can sand off the lip and the bondo the grove and repaint thought

Back