Duotight CO2 at Different Pressures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

postlapsaria

Reaction score
Right now, I have a unikeg hooked up with duotight fittings in my system. I want to add a corny keg with homebrew. I'm not really sure what to do with the gas through this process so my unikeg can still be served. I have one of these splitters (Duotight Push-In Fitting - 8 mm (5/16 in.) Tee | MoreBeer) to send the gas to both kegs, but I don't have any sort of shut offs beyond the regulator (KOMOS® Dual Gauge CO2 Regulator | MoreBeer). Any suggestions? And anything to worry about in terms of disconnecting/purging gas to a tapped keg? I'm a complete newbie at carbonating/serving with gas. Thanks!

I have one of these splitters (Duotight Push-In Fitting - 8 mm (5/16 in.) Tee | MoreBeer) to send the gas to both kegs, but I don't have any sort of shut offs beyond the regulator (KOMOS® Dual Gauge CO2 Regulator | MoreBeer).

Unless you need to do something unusual, you shouldn't really need any shutoff valves.

And anything to worry about in terms of disconnecting/purging gas to a tapped keg? I'm a complete newbie at carbonating/serving with gas.

You can disconnect or purge if you want. The fact that there's a (closed) faucet (and tubing etc.) attached to your keg's beer out doesn't matter. The volume in your beer line is effectively just an extension of your keg volume.

Back