dumb dumb dumb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FearKnowBeer

Reaction score
So I finally finished my keezer. In all of the excitement one item didn't make it back in... The temperature probe. I let the beer thaw, and strange as it seems still carbonated. However it tastes yeasty and is super cloudy.

How long until everything settles back out?

You should have seen me check everything when my beer didnt pour. I turned up the co2, checked my lines, then I was like its super cold in here... Then I saw my controller and it read 62. I was like its broke and then I saw the probe lying on the floor. I was just pissed at myself.

LOL, don't worry too much, does you beer have a lot of sediment or yeast in it? If so, I'd guess in a few days to a week it'll settle down, if it's like a normal no freeze transfer. Not sure why freezing it would matter much in the long run tho.

Make sure your kegs aren't puckered out and cracked due to the freeze expansion. My bro lost one to that.

Good luck, at least it's still drinkable.

Back