Duda Diesel - Customer Service?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadjobrinus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. Actually never experienced this.

Just asked a simple question on the B3-36A-20, matching with my system.
"Looking at your B3-36A 20 plate wort exchanger. 11.5 gallon brewlength, comes after a 175 F or so hopback. Good configuration? Thanks. - Paul"

She replied with, "is this the one?" by posting a photo from the site, along with it's description.

"Yep, likely T/C 3/4" wort option, but yep, this is the one. Thanks Mercy."

Heard nothing, until she sent an e-mail, "are you going to purchase one?"

I replied, "It's possible, M____. I asked whether your company thinks it's a good configuration for the specs I gave. Thanks."

Two days, and have heard nothing more.

WTH?

Maybe a CFC after the hopback is telling me that's what the universe wants.;)

Don't know about the customer service, but I have that same plate cooler and run similar batches to you, and I wish I had got one with more plates/capacity. It works fine, but I have to throttle down the wort flow though cooler about 50% to achieve pitching temps, thus wasting some cooling water. Takes about 10 min to get 11.5 gallons from 175-180F down to 65F or so.

Dial 'em up on the buzzer instead?

Yeah, thanks, sixhotdogneck. I prefer e-mail, that's all, and also tend to think if a company is put off by a question, they may not be the best to work with - but I've heard a lot of good things about these HX's, so wanted to see what others' experience was.

Don't know about the customer service, but I have that same plate cooler and run similar batches to you, and I wish I had got one with more plates/capacity. It works fine, but I have to throttle down the wort flow though cooler about 50% to achieve pitching temps, thus wasting some cooling water. Takes about 10 min to get 11.5 gallons from 175-180F down to 65F or so.

Thanks Diand, really helpful info. So that would be the 20" x 30 plate unit, then? I have a ice bath recirc setup for summer cooling anyway, so maybe I could play with that on the 20 plate, but gives me something to think about. Sorry you only found out about it afterwards, hope it's not too much of a pain.

Back