Dual pressure Keggerator help !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruiz619

Reaction score
Hello everyone I was in the process of putting together a keggerator however I want it to have two different pressures for different kegs for soda and beer .. so would I just need a

Primary dual co2 regulator

Question #2

I could split the the pressure to 3 different kegs with some sort of splitter ? So three kegs run on 1 pressure while the other keg is on another ??

Since I'm here I might as well ask #3 is fermenting in ice bucket water okay ? I'm a little broke to buy a dedicated fermenter as well lol

Thank you

Yes, you need something like this: https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/co2regulatordualmfl.htm
I am not saying to buy that model or from that site, I just happened to be there already for TC fittings, but that will give you two different pressures

2) Yes you can split the gas lines as much as you want (...well, to an extent) using barbed Ts, a manifold, MFL T's, etc. Gas plumbing is really simple and there are many options, just make sure to leak test ALL connections
On that, you may look at investing into a 3 or 4 regulator distribution system for more precise control

3) Ok, sure depending on how you babysit it. Ideal, of course not but homebrewing is the art of working with what you got until you decide to spend more money!

Me personally I built a fermentation chamber after 2 or 3 batches and waited over half a year after that before I splurged on kegging stuff.
IMO proper fermentation is needed for a consistent product, which if Im kegging 5 gallons I want it to be worth it!

Yes, you need something like this: https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/co2regulatordualmfl.htm
I am not saying to buy that model or from that site, I just happened to be there already for TC fittings, but that will give you two different pressures

2) Yes you can split the gas lines as much as you want (...well, to an extent) using barbed Ts, a manifold, MFL T's, etc. Gas plumbing is really simple and there are many options, just make sure to leak test ALL connections
On that, you may look at investing into a 3 or 4 regulator distribution system for more precise control

3) Ok, sure depending on how you babysit it. Ideal, of course not but homebrewing is the art of working with what you got until you decide to spend more money!

Me personally I built a fermentation chamber after 2 or 3 batches and waited over half a year after that before I splurged on kegging stuff.
IMO proper fermentation is needed for a consistent product, which if Im kegging 5 gallons I want it to be worth it!

Thank you for the reply ! I'm hoping to get deep into this hahah
Would this work to split it ? Using that dual regulator you showed me that was actually the one I was going to buy

IMG_8774.PNG

I have something similar to @sailingeric and it's only a few bucks more than the dual that I posted and the three way you want to add.
I say get more regulators for more control!

Just to clarify if you go with the bank of secondaries you'll still need the primary regulator. But I agree I prefer that route myself. Looks like a primary taprite plus bank of 3 secondaries would run about $170. If you decide to stick with a splitter though I'd suggest something like the manifold linked below. It's cheaper than the one you posted and has check valves also, but importantly you can add to it if you decide you want more lines. You should be able to find one with barbed ports if you prefer that over flares.

taprite primary
3 x secondary
3-way manifold

Back