Dryhopping hops and fruit same bag?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew_4iT

Reaction score
Did a search but didn't find anything on this subject. I plan on doing a strawberry blond and would like to add cascade along with the strawberries into secondary, same bag, same time. I would think it would also help with infections as well, since hops naturally are an antagonist against bacteria. What do you guys think?

I'd put them in different hop sacks. Imo,the berries might coat the hop particles & hinder utilization as the pellets break down.

Would it make a difference with leaf over pellets you think? I would be aiming towards a subtleness with the hops more so specifically for the misses.

Whole leaf might not be any better.? At 39c each,I'd just get another sack. The amount of berries needed would need a grain sack. Same thing only bigger.

Anytime! Just tryin to help you make it the best it can be. That's why we're all here...that's why we brew & get drunk. No heart or soul,but at least we're machines....oops...wrong rap. Gotta keep a brewin...good by,baby I'm goin ta brew! Gotta keep a brewin...
**The Godz,gotta keepa runnin.

Yee godz man!

Good luck with your brew! You always seem to be the one that goes the extra yard when I post a question. I also original got into brewing by watching craig on youtube and although many poke fun of his practices, I think the whole point was to show how easy it can be to make a decent beer.

Back