Dry hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oneandone

Reaction score
I dry hopped in keg using a hop bag. It’s been 8 days at 69 degrees. I’m going to start carbonating it tomorrow and I am debating whether I should fish out the bag using a racking cane or just leave it in the keg.

There's no right or wrong way. I'd leave it in. I don't get vegital off flavors from leaving them in. I tend to get brighter hop flavor/aroma. AND I try to avoid opening my kegs and exposing them to o2.

I'd leave it. If you're gonna get grassy/vegetal off flavors they've probably already been extracted at 8 days.

Fwiw i usually rack my beer off my dry hops after 3 days for a variety of reasons that may or may not be legitimate lol

To mirror the other thoughts, I'd leave it. The risk of oxidation is far greater than what you may or may not get by leaving them in. As DannyBoy270 said, there's been some research that shows that extraction is complete, or almost complete, after 24 hours. For our beers, I'll let it go 2 days max and then crash them out.

Back