dry hopping kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubbleGutz

Reaction score
Hey everybody I just kegged my 2nd and 3rd batch of brew.The first was a barvarian wheat which was fermented @ 70 so it has a hint of bannana to it.My second beer was a lite ale which is just tp light for me.iS it possible to dry hop my light ale in my keg to give it some flavor.What would be good additives for these beers.Both were in the primary for three weeks and met there target gravity.

Yes, you can dry hop in kegs and many people here do. Get a stainless steel tea ball, fill it with hops and anchor it to the bottom of the cornie. I'd suggest using the type of hops you originally had in your recipe for the sake of consistancy.

I dry hop with 1 oz of Cascade for my house pale ale. I use a hop bag and use whole leaf hops. Just tie the bag to the dip tube and leave it in there even when serving.

After the keg is dead it's a little hassle to get the bag out as they have expanded.

Run to Lowe's and pick up a 1-gallon paint strainer bag and some zip ties. That's what I use.

DryHop1.JPG

DryHop3.jpg

Dryhop5.jpg

Dryhop6.jpg

Dryhop7.jpg

isn't there a danger of leaving the hops in the keg too long? Doesn't it start to impart off flavors? Or do you all drink your brews fast enough for it not to matter?

Back