Dry hopping in keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scogan

Reaction score
I want to try splitting my dry hopping between putting most in during active ferment ( something like sg 1020) , and putting some 2/3 of the way up my corny and holding there with magnets before purging then transferring .Can anyone tell me what size magnets I need and if this seems a sensible strategy ?

I want to try splitting my dry hopping between putting most in during active ferment ( something like sg 1020) , and putting some 2/3 of the way up my corny and holding there with magnets before purging then transferring .Can anyone tell me what size magnets I need and if this seems a sensible strategy ?

While I can't give you any advice on the size of magnets I can tell you that your method will work just fine. You could just put the hops into a muslim bag and transfer the beer on top and let it sit at the bottom of the keg.

Yes , think I might try that ,some folk report grassy,tannic, vegetal off flavours if not drinking it within 2-4 wks, and other people say they haven’t noticed any after prolonged contact !

Doesn’t this method get the hops wet with Starsan? Never understood that part. Report back if it works

Doesn’t this method get the hops wet with Starsan? Never understood that part. Report back if it works
My latest process is to clean a keg and then fill it with water and Starsan, push some out to sanitize the beer-out, and then empty the rest into a bucket for future use. I can then throw a hop sack in the keg and hook it up directly to my fermenter to fill it with CO2 from the active fermentation.

Back