Dry hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miguel Dlm

Reaction score
Hi everyone, any idea of what I can use in order to weight the hop bag down the bucket ? Unfortunately I do not have marbles or whiskey stones

Yeah I will have to agree with Dgallo on that one. Dealing with loose hops is totally worth the extra flavor contribution. I use a bouncer/in-line filter I picked up off amazon super handy for a heavy dry hopped beer.

Thanks for all the suggestions! for now my system is pretty basic, that is why i'm sticking with the bags for now ;) in the course of time I would totally like to slowly upgrade it though

Thanks for all the suggestions! for now my system is pretty basic, that is why i'm sticking with the bags for now ;) in the course of time I would totally like to slowly upgrade it though

I have a Spike Cf5 , a diy chiller and still bag my hops in the fermenter. I had a terrible experience once , so I just add a few extra pellets and have zero issues .

1/2" SS pipe coupler. But I find the bag will still float to the top after a day when more then an once or two is used. Ran into issues with dumping them in because I closed transfer by gravity into the keg. The ball lock gets plugged up.

Hi everyone, any idea of what I can use in order to weight the hop bag down the bucket ?

You could use a "bag" that's naturally weighted, something like this:

33845_1800x1800.png

I was literally looking at these online. Anyone have experience with them? Like or dislike? This is probably my next purchase
I had one until I squashed it being a dummy.

It does what it is designed to do. The cap on mine could be abear to take off sometimes but other than that it worked.

I was literally looking at these online. Anyone have experience with them? Like or dislike? This is probably my next purchase

I use them. As long as you don't put too much (pellet) hops in them, they are great. Otherwise, the pellets swell into a solid mass bounded by the sides of the cage. I sometimes use two cages at a time and split the hops between them.

I use them. As long as you don't put too much (pellet) hops in them, they are great. Otherwise, the pellets swell into a solid mass bounded by the sides of the cage. I sometimes use two cages at a time and split the hops between them.

So do you stick to fresh then? Or just watch how much I use if I go the pellet route?

Back