dry hop in keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doublehaul

Reaction score
does anyone hang the dry hops in the keg by teflon tape or something for a week and then de-pressurize and pull them, and then purge oxygen and carbonate? I've seen videos pushing it to another keg, but can't see anything wrong with just pulling the hop bag. How about force carbing while dry hopping for a week and then pulling them?

I just leave 'em in the keg. I've found that the low serving temp prevents grassy flavors and the other issues normally associated with dry-hopping for too long. I only use leaf hops though, and I'm not sure if the same applies to pellets or not.

I dry hop in keg. I leave them in til keg is dry. I've tasted no off flavors. I just toss pellets into hop bags and throw it in. No issue with clarity so far either.

Same here. I Just throw leaf hops in the keg with a sure screen on the dip tube. Leave them in there the whole time, and haven't had a problem with grassy flavors.

I have a blonde ale that I made that was really not that hoppy. Since I had two kegs of it, I drank the first one and then just yesterday put 1 oz cascade in a tea-ball. The beer has already conditioned for about a month or two in the keg. I just opened up the keg and threw it in. We'll see how it turns out. A few hours later, I could taste/smell the cascade.

Some folks suggest using dental floss so that you have the option of pulling it out of the keg later. I attempted fishing line first, but could tell the keg was leaking CO2. I decided just to throw it in without the line.

Latest posts

Back