drinking one of my last homebrews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakesz28

Reaction score
I am sitting here watching moonshine r's drinking one of the last two homebrews I have. It has been over a year since I made a beer. This one is a porter. This has been the best beer I have brewed. Used chocolate and coffee malt in this one.
I had just switched to all grain and made three batches. I have been traveling so much for work that I never set any time aside to brew. Now that it has finally made it up to 6* F outside it is just to cold to brew. I was in the process of converting to electric brewing. So I'm trying to decide how I can get another batch made.
Need to make a control panel. If I had a way to drive a SSR I could throw something together and be brewing.

I'm sure a little more reading here and I will be back in business.

I'd be brewing on the kitchen stove! I usually brew 5 or 6, 6 gallon brews within the course of a week or two when I get down to 4 cases of beer. Sometimes I have to start real early on a weekend before anyone wakes up, or start later in the evening after dinner as everyone is getting ready for bed, but I make sure that I make the time, there is nothing worse than an empty carboy! LMAO!!

I thought from the title you're quitting, glad to hear that's not the case.

I had brewed a bunch of "big beers" getting ready for the holidays, and didn't have anything that was "ready" to drink. Did an extract dunkelweizen and Irish Red side-by-side. Don't think I'll win any awards, and I missed the wonderful aromas from the mash tun, but I didn't have to buy commercial beer.

Actually, I was surprised how well they came out. IMO they had a longer "green" period (have no idea why that would happen, bought my extract from a very busy brew shop), but they were definitely not bad beers.

Yep I have thought about buying a couple extract kits to have something going in the fermenter and end up in the fridge. I still have over 50th of malt and a bunch of hops that need used up. I'm considering doing some 3 gal batches so I can boil down on the stove. Or making a 5 gal batch in two runs. If I bought a diy electric control kit would be the quickest way to run a 5 gal batch off.

Just made a pwm circuit for a ssr I had. So I was able to make a 5 gallon batch in the house. I like the way this worked out. I just brewed a honey ale. I used honey malt rather then honey I hope the taste comes thru.

Since the equipment is still out I'm brewing a barley wine now. I added a pound of smoked malt to it. Wondering if I will notice it. Cleaning up I found one lost bottle of a trappist. So I'm about to open this last one up.

Back