Quantcast

Draft tower hole size?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Bsquared

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm converting a Sanyo fridge to a two tap kegereator, and have a question about the hole for the tower. The tower has a 3 inch diameter, but should I make a 3 inch hole or a smaller hole? I'm thinking I might want to pump cold water through a copper line in the tower to keep it cold, if I do this I can get all the hoses through a 2 inch hole. Though I was thinking that if i just want to let the air circulate and cool the tower I will probably want a 3 inch hole for maximum ventilation.

What have others done?

missing link

Reaction score
I made the hole as big as possible but I am using air to cool the tower. Either way, a bigger hole is going to allow cool air into the tower even with liquid cooling.

wildwest450

Banned
Reaction score
Bsquared said:
Hi All, I'm thinking I might want to pump cold water through a copper line in the tower to keep it cold, if I do this I can get all the hoses through a 2 inch hole. Though I was thinking that if i just want to let the air circulate and cool the tower I will probably want a 3 inch hole for maximum ventilation.
To much trouble, use a small computer fan ($3), a power inverter from wal-mart ($8) some cardboard and duct tape, and 1" flex hose (got mine at lowe's) and tada! A cooled tower. You do need to leave enough space in the hole for a cold air return back to the kegerator 2-3" would be plenty.