DOH! another noob mistake? freezer too small,

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemind

Reaction score
SO the kegging process is going along very well. Or so I thought!

I wanted to keep it simple and small... a 5 cubic foot Kenmore Sears Freezer to keep two cornelius kegs and a co2 tank. No problem... first keg is three weeks in, good beer all is going good. THEN i get my second corney and get ready to add it to the chest freezer. but...

IT DOESN'T FIT!!!! DOH!!!!!

It comes very close but not close enough. Dang!

Good deal for me the sears 90 day return policy is in place, because this is just crazy! I really should have used the cardboard cut-outs that are shown in the Keezer picture section. But hell all the little freezers shown fit at least two of them. However, the HUMP in this one is too wide, and just doesn't allow the space.

Anyhow... word to the wise, if anyone is looking at the 5 CF kenmore freezer, avoid it if you want more then one corney! Now this weekend i will either have to swap it out for the more expensive 7.2 CF Kenmore or just take it back and head to Lowes or sams for a five footer that fits two corneys. :(

i bought the holiday 5.3 from lowes and i fit 3 cornys and air tank in mine

Could you just build a tall collar that would allow you to use the hump for the 2nd corny? Unless you really want a bigger one that is.... ;)

The crazy part is that the freezer hump is exactly half the space, so my co2 tank just clears when i shut the lid while on the hump.

I think the Lowes Holiday freezer is the one i want!
That is IF they still have it! They might not make that model any longer.

The crazy part is that the freezer hump is exactly half the space, so my co2 tank just clears when i shut the lid while on the hump.

I think the Lowes Holiday freezer is the one i want!
That is IF they still have it! They might not make that model any longer.

Looks like the Holiday freezers are changing. The new 5 cf freezer has a metal lining and hump that goes all the way across the side (not just in the corner). It'll now only hold 2 kegs on the floor (old model would hold 3, plus the CO2 on the hump) On the upside, the local Lowes here was blowing out the old style 6.8 cf freezer for $158. Get em while you can!

So crazy you just wrote that buzzcraft..
I just got off the phone with Lowes in Seattle and bought one of that exact clearance models over the phone.

How many kegs you think i may be able to get in the 6.8 cf ??

Meanwhile, Sears is pretty cool as well, they are sending out a person to pick up 5cf one. Only problem is a 15 percent restocking fee. So I am loosing $24 but gaining an extra 1.8 cf of space in the end. Well worth it! good times!

i work for a lowes dist center we have both the 5.0 and 5.3 in stock and continue to recieve both in.to fit 4 you would need a collar

Back