Dogfish Tour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brutus Brewer

Reaction score
Was in Rehoboth last week and took the Dogfish Head tour and had dinner at the Brew Pub. It was restaurant week so most of the restaurants offered a pre fixe menu and I tried the Hanger Steak with hop infused polenta. I thought the steak was really good, very tender. The polenta was alright, the hop flavor wasn't overpowering and I'd try it again. For desert they had ice cream made from their Raison D'Etre.

Had a custom flight of beers to sample and if I remember correctly we had:

Bitches Brew
Midas Touch
Namaste
Raison D'Etre
Festine Peche

With my meal I had the Shelter Pale Ale

We went on the tour the next morning at the Milton brewery. John, the tour guide and also a home brewer, did a good job going over the brewing process and describing the ingredients used. Some of the more interesting facts we were told are they boil all their beers for 2 hours, and AB will make in 10 hours what DFH will make all year. Afterwards it was time to taste the beers. On tap we sampled:

Palo Santo Marron
Chicory Stout
Festina Peche
Wrath of Pecant

Liked them all, but the Pecant was my favorite. They aren't making anymore so I bought 5 bomber bottles to bring home with me. Really looking forward to making a return trip soon.

I am a complete RABID DFH Fan!! I went there last October, had a absolute blast. Although I'm quite jealous for the moment, it's been since December since I last had some DFH brew. Thankfully I reside in Dover and it's just a short drive away from the brewery and the brewpub!

I did the tour and the restaurant last week. I met Sam at the tour and he autographed his book for me. They were filming some kind of documentary (supposed to be called "Brew") while I was there and I had to sign a waiver for Discovery Channel. They are good people at DFH and I highly recommend a tour and trip to the restaurant if you are in the area! On the way home from Ocean City Saturday my wife dropped me off at the bar for Father''s Day for a couple hours while she took our son up to the boardwalk to hang out. Fun stuff.

T

I did the tour and the restaurant last week. I met Sam at the tour and he autographed his book for me. They were filming some kind of documentary (supposed to be called "Brew") while I was there and I had to sign a waiver for Discovery Channel. They are good people at DFH and I highly recommend a tour and trip to the restaurant if you are in the area! On the way home from Ocean City Saturday my wife dropped me off at the bar for Father''s Day for a couple hours while she took our son up to the boardwalk to hang out. Fun stuff.

T

Dude...I totally envy you at the moment. I'm stuck in a sandbox in 120+ temp and you got to be in a documentary. That's totally awesome dude!! =D

I had a pretty awesome tour last night. It was for a DE state chamber sponsored networking event. Sam led the tour himself, and I got to chat very briefly with him before the tour and got him to sign my copy of Extreme Brewing. He had some guys from Epic Brewing in New Zealand there for a collaboration beer they're brewing today apparently. They seemed pretty cool as well, I only got to talk to them for a minute, but it was a great night.

Dude...I totally envy you at the moment. I'm stuck in a sandbox in 120+ temp and you got to be in a documentary. That's totally awesome dude!! =D

Yeah but I might end up on the cutting room floor, ha ha. We'll see. In sandbox I assume you are in the military??

and AB will make in 10 hours what DFH will make all year.

It's funny, I've taken the Lakefront Brewery tour a couple of times in Milwaukee and they make a similar type of reference. They only produce something like 11k barrels per year or something like that, and the say that AB spills more beer in 1 shift than they produce all year.

Wrath of Pecant! I thought that was all sold out! I'd love to taste that one, mmm pecan smoked grain!

Palo Santo Marron is one of my favorites. I can't find it in Central NJ though...

Some friends and I visited there. The brewery tour is alright, pretty much stuff anyone who is familiar with DFH's brewing techniques already knows.

The brewpub was terrific though. Very awesome happy hour specials. I got a $6 burger that kicked ass, and of course many delicious beers on tap. I knew the food would be good because they have alehouses in northern VA where I live.

Some friends and I visited there. The brewery tour is alright, pretty much stuff anyone who is familiar with DFH's brewing techniques already knows.

The brewpub was terrific though. Very awesome happy hour specials. I got a $6 burger that kicked ass, and of course many delicious beers on tap. I knew the food would be good because they have alehouses in northern VA where I live.

Yeah, the burgers kick ass. I got the one that has the big fried onion ring on top with bacon crumbled inside of the ring and cheese melted on top. That rocked!

Next time you are there, try the Dogpile appetizer. Very, very good.

T

I'll be heading down there next Wednesday for the July 4th weekend. Definitely gonna stop at the brewpub and probably the brewery too.

I did the tour and the restaurant last week. I met Sam at the tour and he autographed his book for me. They were filming some kind of documentary (supposed to be called "Brew") while I was there and I had to sign a waiver for Discovery Channel. They are good people at DFH and I highly recommend a tour and trip to the restaurant if you are in the area!

Oh snap, I was there too! I saw the camera crew, but they didn't film me or anything. Guess I'm not that photogenic :(

Seriously though, the brewpub is out of this world.
And if you have your AHA card, you get a discount!! :mug:

Back