Dogfish Head Brewery/Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVM71

Reaction score
Last weekend we made the trek to Milton, DE to visit the Dogfish Head Brewery. WOW...what an awesome experience. First off, the facility is very impressive. Second, the Staff is great. Third, well the beer is awesome and getting four free samples is always good. From there we ventured down to Rehoboth Beach to check out the Brewpub. Talk about a great atmosphere and great food/drinks. We had their pizza and the flavor was outstanding and you can tell it was made with fresh ingredients. Again...awesome beer and a few are only available there.

If you ever get a chance to venture that way and can make time for a visit to one or both, I highly recommend it.

:mug:

So jealous. I would love to go there, 60 min is by far my favorite commercial beer but I can't seem to talk the wife into going to Delaware just for one brewery. She needs other fun activities to sway her.

Sent from my iPhone

Our local homebrew club, DUH, went on a tour a couple of weeks ago with Sam and they meet one time a month at the restaurant. The tour was ok... Just kidding. It was freakin awesome!! Some guys from the club helped Sam when he stared out and he is very welcoming and helpful to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

This is great to hear! My girlfriend and I are going there the weekend after next to celebrate our 3rd anniversary!!

From the website it looks like you don't have to make a reservation to go on a tour of the brewery, they just have set tour times and its first come first serve?

This is great to hear! My girlfriend and I are going there the weekend after next to celebrate our 3rd anniversary!!

From the website it looks like you don't have to make a reservation to go on a tour of the brewery, they just have set tour times and its first come first serve?

Yes, first come...first serve and the earlier the better. We arrived around 10:15 and they actually allowed us to go inside and look around the bar before they opened at 11:00 (no drinks though). Tour started at 11:00 and lasted at least an hour. When we came back out, the place was packed.

Our local homebrew club, DUH, went on a tour a couple of weeks ago with Sam and they meet one time a month at the restaurant. The tour was ok... Just kidding. It was freakin awesome!! Some guys from the club helped Sam when he stared out and he is very welcoming and helpful to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That would be too cool...I kept looking around just in case he popped up, but no luck.

So jealous. I would love to go there, 60 min is by far my favorite commercial beer but I can't seem to talk the wife into going to Delaware just for one brewery. She needs other fun activities to sway her.

Sent from my iPhone

Definitely a lot more to do there with the beach, outlets and other places to drink :cross:

My family is from rehoboth and we have a house down there, def one of the best beach towns around. Good bars, fun night life, safe nice beaches. Dewey is next door if you want a college night out.

Plenty to do in Rehoboth to make it worth a trip. The beach, funland haunted house (fantastic after indulging at the pub :D), Henlopen City Oyster House has a great happy hour & the best oysters I have ever had (nice craft beer selection). Grab some fishers popcorn as well!

Back