Does Tito's Vodka have propylene glycol, an antifreeze?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb10

Reaction score
Hey, I see that a number of people have made posts about Tito's Vodka on this site. I have reached out to Tito's repeatedly and no one ever gets back to me, which has me wondering why. I have an allergy to propylene glycol, an antifreeze, and it is included in tons of products, including beer and other alcohols. Does anyone know the ingredients in Tito's? Am guessing it has it and that is why they haven't gotten back to me, or they have really bad customer service. Just don't know, and am wondering if I need to give away the bottle of Tito's vodka that was given to me as a gift, or whether I can drink it. Anyone know the ingredients?

I would be very surprised if it did. You might have better luck asking the local liquor store to contact their Titos rep. Good luck.
I agree, I highly doubt titos has any additives like that but I'm also not 100% sure.

The ONLY reason Tito's or anyone else would add PG to a distilled product like vodka would be to add some viscosity to it. I've never heard of an allergy to PG, but hey, I'm not a doctor. It would surprise me if they added any.

That said, as a vodka aficionado, Tito's is highly overrated, overly expensive and not nearly as good as many other cheaper brands out there. IMHO.

The ONLY reason Tito's or anyone else would add PG to a distilled product like vodka would be to add some viscosity to it. I've never heard of an allergy to PG, but hey, I'm not a doctor. It would surprise me if they added any.

That said, as a vodka aficionado, Tito's is highly overrated, overly expensive and not nearly as good as many other cheaper brands out there. IMHO.
Yes, this^

i cant remember how to find it but all alcohol is required to have fda approved labels, and the recipe ingredients are also a reporting requirement. so probably at fda, atf, or ttb (which is a dept of atf)

buy a hydrometer, double check it....

PG has a gravity of 1.041 a ml, and ethanol .796 or something... should be easy to tell if it's cut...

edit: and honestly, i've never thought of hard alcohol as anything other then solvent anyway... so i wouldn't toss but save like a jug of acetone?

if they used to use gun powder! we have hydros now! you'd want a proof tralles one though, not a beer one... :mug:

Last edited:
buy a hydrometer, double check it....

PG has a gravity of 1.041 a ml, and ethanol .796 or something... should be easy to tell if it's cut...

edit: and honestly, i've never thought of hard alcohol as anything other then solvent anyway... so i wouldn't toss but save like a jug of acetone?

if they used to use gun powder! we have hydros now! you'd want a proof tralles one though, not a beer one... :mug:
You wouldn't be able to tell with a hydrometer, unless you knew exactly how much water and how much alcohol were present, and then try to detect a difference from the expected SG, due to a very small amount of a "contaminant." The deviation from expected SG would be very small, and probably undetectable.

Brew on :mug:

You wouldn't be able to tell with a hydrometer, unless you knew exactly how much water and how much alcohol were present, and then try to detect a difference from the expected SG, due to a very small amount of a "contaminant." The deviation from expected SG would be very small, and probably undetectable.

you're probably right, but a 25% difference is significant, considering 250ml, 1.75l...

you're probably right, but a 25% difference is significant, considering 250ml, 1.75l...
Except vodka is already ~60% water, so the SG is much higher than for pure ethanol. You wouldn't be able to tell if the SG shift was due to added a small amount of propylene glycol or a little extra water vs ethanol.

Except vodka is already ~60% water, so the SG is much higher than for pure ethanol. You wouldn't be able to tell if the SG shift was due to added a small amount of propylene glycol or a little extra water vs ethanol.

well on topic, would a comparision between three data points and include a refractometer reading into it make a difference? we're getting into redneck spectrometry, but still....

The OP never came back to read our responses. I hope Tito didn't kill him/her/them.

I reported the post to the mods when I first saw it. IMHO it should be deleted. It's clearly a drive-by post by someone who wants to establish a baseline of Google search results for Tito's and propylene glycol--for whatever reason they desire this.

I reported the post to the mods when I first saw it. IMHO it should be deleted. It's clearly a drive-by post by someone who wants to establish a baseline of Google search results for Tito's and propylene glycol--for whatever reason they desire this.

never would have thought that much into it.. that's a thing? so like they work for popov or something? lol

Back