Do you want to laugh/know how good a business is (American) beer in Finland, Europe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweden_finland.png

We have lots of selection but 80% about is crap.

Man, you should have lived here 10 years ago, even 5 years ago you were hard pressed to get any foreign beer and there wasn't any Finnish beer other than Koff, Karjala, Sandels and Lapin Kulta. There was only one microbrewery in the entire country (Plevna in Tampere) and they could only sell in their own restaurant.

Today, there are at least 20 very good Finnish beers and imports from all over Europe and USA. Today, you can even get about 20 Belgian beers here, which should make you feel right at home.

Man, you should have lived here 10 years ago, even 5 years ago you were hard pressed to get any foreign beer and there wasn't any Finnish beer other than Koff, Karjala, Sandels and Lapin Kulta. There was only one microbrewery in the entire country (Plevna in Tampere) and they could only sell in their own restaurant.

Today, there are at least 20 very good Finnish beers and imports from all over Europe and USA. Today, you can even get about 20 Belgian beers here, which should make you feel right at home.

Very true. I remember a couple of years seeing the biggest range of British beers I had ever seen on tap at once (excluding CAMRA festivals) at Black Door in Helsinki. They even had St Austell's stuff I had never seen before.

I know I was here 6 years ago and in army 10 years ago. I'm from Belgium and always had an eye on beer diversity. When we compare to other European countries what we find in supermarkets is quite impressive but that is only because the trend is huge and a big portion of people don't know what they buy still... I always complain because there can always be better but I agree nowadays is much better than before and the beer selection for diversity in Finland is beating Germany and Belgium in my opinion. You even get more than 20 Belgian beers:) I would say at least 50.

Back