Do you need a 1 off Stainless part built for your system? Let's discuss it.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found the Split collars at Mc Master Carr
http://www.mcmaster.com/#split-shaft-collars/=12w6qdy
Spendy but I doubt to spend for the job.
Something like this should work I would think.
Cheers
Jay
Wow, some those fancy SS hinged ones get impressively expensive!

Looks like a 1/2" 303SS socket head version isn't badly priced, under $10: http://www.mcmaster.com/#6436K34
I presume that would have to be tapped, or welded to something.

I also found a 304 stainless 1/2"ID "split ring rod hanger" that is pre-tapped for mounting: http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/02162725

Knowing what fittings are out there and what they are named, seems to be 90% of the challenge.

Is the the "something" that attaches to the kettle, to which the tube holder would be affixed, something you have a good idea on how to make?

Any idea how hard it would be for a Wort Grant?

Single TC at top, whirlpool arm so it doesn't aerate too much, and one output at the bottom. 1-2 gallons. Not sure what you have for small kettles.

Jay,

I took a glance at your site and did not see them but do you sell or have a source for casks? I work at a brewery and one of the biggest pita is getting muslin bags out of that tiny opening. Could you either source a cask or could one send one they already own and have a 4" tc ferrule added to it?

Jay,

I took a glance at your site and did not see them but do you sell or have a source for casks? I work at a brewery and one of the biggest pita is getting muslin bags out of that tiny opening. Could you either source a cask or could one send one they already own and have a 4" tc ferrule added to it?

Dr. M
I am not sure I follow you. You want a cask (i.e stainless English serving barrel?) with a 4" TC added to it? Ya know I have never looked into buying casks to be honest. Shoot me a PM and lets discuss. Glad to help if I can.

Cheers
Jay

I appreciate the off the shelf piece you found but I would still like a set up to work with mason jars.

So what's a guy gotta do to make that happen?

I'm interested in the mason jar blow offs as well😜

Well guys we got this project about 99% done. All I need to do is get them on my site. If you want to get them in the mail before I am able to do that just shoot me a PM and I will help you out.

Whatcha' Think?

I will post up a few more picts here in a bit..

Cheers
Jay

Krausen Catchers.jpg

Well guys we got this project about 99% done. All I need to do is get them on my site. If you want to get them in the mail before I am able to do that just shoot me a PM and I will help you out.

Whatcha' Think?

I will post up a few more picts here in a bit..

Cheers
Jay

Looks good! What do they look like from underneath? Is there a stem there too?

Damn you, Jay. My most recent order from you hasn't even had the chance to arrive yet, and you're already making me want to give you more of my money. ;)

They look fantastic. I most certainly will buy a set of those, but it probably will be a while before I do.

Damn you, Jay. My most recent order from you hasn't even had the chance to arrive yet, and you're already making me want to give you more of my money. ;)

They look fantastic. I most certainly will buy a set of those, but it probably will be a while before I do.

Ha Ha Ha... Just wait till you see all the killer new other stuff for those canning jars we are doing! It's a whole new program my friend! :D:D

Cheers
Jay

Any chance on making a male end 3 piece ball valve? Spikes brewing is the only place I have seen them available. I have a ton of perfectly working valves and only need the 1 side male instead of using a male to male coupler

Would be awesome if you could make a cam lock fitting for them as well. Help cut down on Teflon tape and easy to clean ��

I am working on getting some 16" thermowells. I am about 2-3 weeks out from them landing at my shop. We are playing around with it. I will keep you posted once they land and we get a few made up and on the site.

Cheers
Jay

Jay put me on the alert list for this too. I would potentially be interested in 1-3 units.

Any chance on making a male end 3 piece ball valve? Spikes brewing is the only place I have seen them available. I have a ton of perfectly working valves and only need the 1 side male instead of using a male to male coupler

In case Jay can't help you I know Williams Brewing has one - but be careful because the handle turns towards the male side for open if that makes sense. So depending on how you're orienting the valve that can become a problem...

Jay put me on the alert list for this too. I would potentially be interested in 1-3 units.

The thermowell parts landed at my shop today. Tomorrow I am going to see if we can get all of it to fit on 1 unit. If not then I will be doing the blow-off tube and the thermowell as 1 unit. I know we can get that on a 2" cap for sure.
I'll post up pictures here when I get it done.

Cheers
Jay

I didn't see a 3 piece valve with the male end on that site. Since the 3 piece valve can be disassembled (for cleaning) I'm talking about making male NPT and Cam-lock Nipples that can be put in their place without having to use adapters.

The thermowell parts landed at my shop today. Tomorrow I am going to see if we can get all of it to fit on 1 unit. If not then I will be doing the blow-off tube and the thermowell as 1 unit. I know we can get that on a 2" cap for sure.
I'll post up pictures here when I get it done.

Cheers
Jay

My preference would be for just a thermowell. I think 12" would be long enough so it lands in the center of the keg. I would not want the blow off tube option unless it can be capped since i plan to do closed loop pressurized fermentation.

Can't wait to see!

I didn't see a 3 piece valve with the male end on that site. Since the 3 piece valve can be disassembled (for cleaning) I'm talking about making male NPT and Cam-lock Nipples that can be put in their place without having to use adapters.

Oh I missed the part about you wanting a three piece valve. That would be awesome actually with built in cam-lock fittings instead of threaded pieces.

My preference would be for just a thermowell. I think 12" would be long enough so it lands in the center of the keg. I would not want the blow off tube option unless it can be capped since i plan to do closed loop pressurized fermentation.

Can't wait to see!

Just a thermowell? You do mean AND a fitting of some sort with it right?

My thermowells are 16" total length. So it will sit at about the 14" depth in the keg

Cheers
Jay

Just a thermowell? You do mean AND a fitting of some sort with it right?

My thermowells are 16" total length. So it will sit at about the 14" depth in the keg

Cheers
Jay

Ideally i'd want a thermowell welded into the lid.

Could you possibly fabricate me a new back?
I might be able to get by with only a vertibrea or two replaced.

My jaybird accessories. Going to have to find a way to reduce the amount of tubing needed between jars. It still works as is. Hope to have it full in the near future.

That system is OFF THE HOOK! Man you got it all! LOVE IT!

As far as the tubing. If you set the 2 jars next to each other with the grommet and the airlock almost next to each other then the tubing between jars will be a little less I think.... Well maybe anyway :D

Cheers
Jay

KrausenCatcherplumbed.jpg

Yes sir,... Whatever the extra metal used to attach the TC's together needs to be clear of the FPT... and this won't allow me to send a pic, email?

Out of curiosity, I have three things that could benefit from a motorized stainless slow-ish stirring device over various diameter pots. Perhaps a wide lid with a detachable paddle to accommodation different widths? Any idea what such a thing would cost? More than just a single part obviously...

1) Coffee roaster. Temps may exceed 350F, an integrated fan would be nice but not necessary. (inspiration: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=584896 2nd to last post here)

2) Mash stirrer.

3) Ice cream maker.

Thinking something like this llid, except it would need to stir a bit faster than shown and as a standalone unit.

http://www.crock-pot.com/slow-cooke...ith-istir-stirring-system/SCCPVC600AS-P.html#

Out of curiosity, I have three things that could benefit from a motorized stainless slow-ish stirring device over various diameter pots. Perhaps a wide lid with a detachable paddle to accommodation different widths? Any idea what such a thing would cost? More than just a single part obviously...

1) Coffee roaster. Temps may exceed 350F, an integrated fan would be nice but not necessary. (inspiration: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=584896 2nd to last post here)

2) Mash stirrer.

3) Ice cream maker.

Thinking something like this llid, except it would need to stir a bit faster than shown and as a standalone unit.

http://www.crock-pot.com/slow-cooke...ith-istir-stirring-system/SCCPVC600AS-P.html#

YES! Something I could use on my igloo MLT during the mash and then again at flameout for stirring/whirl pooling my wort with my IC. Please :)

Hey Jay, what about a small cleanable SS filter assembly I cannot between my pump and BK for filtering out grains that make it through the false bottom of the mash tun? I'm envisioning a small sight glass with a filter screen/basket assembly but that may be too complicated and expensive?

Also, what about a simple u-turned SS tube for hanging over the side of a kettle or cooler MT, etc. - I have various clamps and such to hold hoses now but really I'd love a simple just hang it over the side solution. I've considered making the hose clamp solution on page 29 in the Jan/Feb Zymurgy but I'd prefer a metal solution and something that would allow for at least partially covering the vessel

Hey Jay, what about a small cleanable SS filter assembly I cannot between my pump and BK for filtering out grains that make it through the false bottom of the mash tun? I'm envisioning a small sight glass with a filter screen/basket assembly but that may be too complicated and expensive?

Check these out. They are TC but you can attach LONG tubes if you want.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Tri-Clover-Filter-Barrel-2-Inch.html

Also you can get them TC already with small filters in them from us

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.c...e-Filter-2-Inch-Tri-Clover-Custom-Length.html

Is this what you are talking about?

Cheers
Jay

Check these out. They are TC but you can attach LONG tubes if you want.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Tri-Clover-Filter-Barrel-2-Inch.html

Also you can get them TC already with small filters in them from us

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.c...e-Filter-2-Inch-Tri-Clover-Custom-Length.html

Is this what you are talking about?

Cheers

Jay

That's cool but I was thinking something more like a bazooka tube mesh. That's actually what I use today is a 1/2" silicone hose into a bazooka tube to catch the bits of grain that make it through my MLT false bottom. It's a hokey setup though and tends to fall apart - I can't get it to clamp onto the hose since this hose is so pliable and the bazooka tube opening can only close so much. Any ideas?

Back