Do you need a 1 off Stainless part built for your system? Let's discuss it.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking for a low profile plug for an unused 13/16" hole in a stainless kettle.

I am currently using a knockout plug (basically a metal disc sandwich with a neoprene washer) for an electrical box, but it's mild steel, so it rusted.

Shoot me a picture. I'll check it out.

Cheers
Jay

Jay,
I am looking for a part to convert a morebeer racking cane from 53 gallon barrels to be able to use it for smaller bung 25 gallon barrels.

Nope. But we can and would be happy too if you have all the specs

Cheers
Jay

Yes I have rough specs as of now, could send a rendering but what would a 12.5" square of SS with maybe cut corners to match the contour of the legs and four holes run. Just not sure if the SS BrewTech plate is being severely marked up :)

Shoot me a picture. I'll check it out.

Cheers
Jay

The solution was right in front of me the (w)hole time...

51SOar7lalL._SX342_.jpg

The hole was sized for 1/2" NPT, so it only makes sense a 1/2" NPT plug would close it up.... a silicone gasket and a nut sealed the deal. Derp.

looking for a 1.5tc to 3/4 tc reducing tube, about 6" long.

or maybe just a 3/4 tc extension tube thats 6" long.

Was thinking recently about a stainless steel valve solution for a Fermonster. The plastic is so thin it's probably difficult to replace the plastic spigot for the ported versions but would help in terms of sanitation.

Any ideas?

I can do 3/4" TC extension tube 6" long with a 1/2" connection tubing. Super simple.

Cheers
Jay

that would work. im pretty sure there are valves that go 3/4 to 1.5TC. can get me where i need to be.

any idea what this would cost? probly going to need the tube/adapter, and at least one of the 3/4-1.5TC ball valves. possibly two.

thats why i was hoping to use the tube as the adapter to go from 3/4tc to 1.5tc. pipe diameter of 1/2" is fine, doesnt need to change, only the TC size change is what i'm after so i can stop fiddling with the small guys and get back to normal 1/1.5 TC fittings.

How long do you want the tube? 2" or so?

Cheers
Jay

thanks. i actually just went ahead and bought two of your 3/4TC to 1.5TC ball valves and solved the problem. found a 3/4TC spool for the spacing, so im all set.

until next time.

I need a 1/2" NPT coupler to 4" TC, just like your 3" version. How much would that run me? Thanks.

I really like the looks of MoreBeer's Ultimate Sparge Arm, however the spacing of the bracket doesn't work for me, as my Botton-drain Insulated Mash Tun is too wide.

Would it be possible to fabricate just the stainless tubing / sparge device? If so, I could probably work up the bracket.

Jaybird,
Got the part from you yesterday, and it looks GREAT!!! :rockin: ...
If I made another, I'd make the lower tube about 2" shorter, but this one will work fine. Working on the attaching arm and sparge switch now.
Many Thanks for the great work.
Cheers!! :mug:

Not homebrewing related yet(once I get over there it may be) but we have a house in France being renovated and my wife wants a wall mounted pot filler faucet over the stove. Problem is that there are no pot fillers sold in France so she's looking at buying one here and taking it over there. She's looking for an adapter, male on each end and not too long, to convert US 1/2 inch to whatever size and thread is code in France. Doable?

Not homebrewing related yet(once I get over there it may be) but we have a house in France being renovated and my wife wants a wall mounted pot filler faucet over the stove. Problem is that there are no pot fillers sold in France so she's looking at buying one here and taking it over there. She's looking for an adapter, male on each end and not too long, to convert US 1/2 inch to whatever size and thread is code in France. Doable?

Sure. I just need you to get me the pipe size and thread and I can see if I can find a nipple in the states. Cut them in half and WELD them together.

Cheers
Jay

Ive been thinking about this for a while and should be easy for you to put out. similar to this picture but with a handle so you could add it in after the whirlpool.
now the catch, it would need to fit over an element on one side and the handle would need to be a custom size so I can still put the lid on but be above the wort

16396.jpg

Ive been thinking about this for a while and should be easy for you to put out. similar to this picture but with a handle so you could add it in after the whirlpool.
now the catch, it would need to fit over an element on one side and the handle would need to be a custom size so I can still put the lid on but be above the wort

Whats the Diameter? kind of material? Height? Shoot me a pict. I can do that. :D

Cheers
Jay

Back