DIY Bottle Washer, Using My Keg Washer Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BitterSweetBrews

Tim Trabold
Reaction score
I built a bottle washer to use with the same pump I use for my keg washer. It took me about 2 hours to build it and maybe $20 additional in PVC parts. It will do 24 bottles at a time and fits in my laundry sink. It works great.

One of the reasons it is great is because once I am done with the load I empty the sink, fill it up with fresh water and rinse the bottles. After doing this a couple of times I can just leave the bottles on the washing rack to drain. If I am not kegging, I bet I will be able to do two cases of bottles, enough for a 5 gallon batch, in under 30 minutes with very little effort.

I used Palmolive liquid dishwasher soap. It did not suds up at all. There was one bottle I found in the ones I tested that had moldy, caked on crap on the bottom of it. It cleaned it spotless in about 10 minutes. I have also tried powered dishwasher soap, it worked OK and Dollar Store Oxi cleaner, it sudsed up a lot.

When I need to bottle, this is going to be so much easier than washing bottles one at a time!

I created a build video and have posted it on my YouTube channel.
PLease subscribe - youtube.com/c/timtrabold

Here's a link to the build:

Looks similar to mine. Mine does 16 at a time, because that's what fits in my sink. Have you noticed that some spots get more pressure than others?

Back