disguising the keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xhcadamx

Reaction score
I have a 4 tap Keezer with a wooden collar. At my last house it was in my garage and SWMBO didn't pay much attention to the aesthetics of my build. Well, we have moved and I no longer have a garage. My keezer is now in the dining room which is awesome to me but not the lady. Anybody have any ideas on how to hide/disguise/make the keezer more attractive? I have looked at the threads where people put wood paneling around their keezer but I really dont have the carpentry skills to pull that off...

This would take some carpentry skills, but it would be cool. Get an armoir or cabinet larger than your keezer. Cut the front off the front of the armoir or cabinet and make that into a door that can be swung open to expose the taps. Obviously I've left out a lot of details, but you can get the general idea. Maybe someone has done this.

You don't really need any advanced carpentry skills to frame a cabinet with casters for the keezer to sit on and then use wood paneling to trim it out. Of course, if you are putting a coffin on top, then it would require a bit more skill. Do you have any pics. of your current set up, so we can see what your working with and offer some suggestions? I was able to build a pretty cool coffin keezer without being a trim carpenter or cabinet builder. You can easily match the decor of your dining room with similar trim......she's happy, your happy! Lets see some pics. so we can offer some suggestions! :mug:

She just doesn't like the keezer "look" in general. I like the idea of framing it out but I might be moving in a year or so and I don't want to invest a lot of time/money on something that will be broken by the movers.... With the guys that have the coffins, how do you open up to put in / take out kegs? I can't imagine the hinges can handle the weight of the taps on the lid.

I put mine in a old tv armoir cabinet, when the doors are closed nothing to be seen. My SWMBO did not like the look of a keezer and our house is small it had to go in the living room.

IMG_4382.jpg

IMG_4363.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

Back