DigiBoil for $140 at Williams Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had one for a few years and I've come to the conclusion that mine just will not get hot enough for a proper boil. It seems to max out at a simmer. Temp never seems to be able to get past 208, both at the built in temp probe and a separate therm at the top of the liquid.

Anyone else encounter this? I have the 120v version because i didn't want to install a dedicated circuit for the beefier one.

Interesting, I've had one about 4 years and don't have that problem. Mine has a pretty vigorous boil, so I usually turn off the 500 watt element during the boil. 1000 Watts usually has a slow rolling boil for me.

I have 2 of them and one does seem to get hotter than the other. The newer one purchased recently ($139) seems to barely come to a boil. Both stop at 204f but the older one comes to a pretty good rolling boil and its what I use as my main kettle. I've made some really good beers with it too.

Both are Gen 1.

DMF

Back