dig cooper fermenter kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustRod

Reaction score
How many of you guys like using the coopers newer fermenter ?
I have just 1 fermenter going and was thinking of a second one.(that is not coopers)
I know for a beginner they are great, but for intermediate would they still use them?
How many fermenters do you guys run and are they coopers?

I still have the Cooper's microbrew fermenter from the brewing kit I started with. I even have some spare parts for it & still use it. Great fermenter with a good lid seal,since the lid screws down. Even the spigot is recessed to keep the seal in place.

I just use regular buckets and glass carboys. I've been eying that new fermentor from Northern Brewer. My biggest concern is that if the lid breaks or gets lost how would I replace it? With a regular carboy I can just throw any old bung on it.
carboy_2.jpg

I also really like the way the Speidel one looks and it's feature packed, but expensive for plastic.
74832c4f-3434-4bcb-8f47-a06800af704e_275x328.jpg

The new Coopers vessels look good, but all the ones I've seen are very expensive as well. Their website advertises a 34 liter one for 49 AUD (43 USD) and it's plastic. While I'm sure the features are nice it's hard for me to justify buying it when I can get a 7.8 gallon ale pail complete with airlock hole and rubber gaskets installed from my LHBS for $7.99.

I have the new one and use it the most. If I want to get another brew going while it's full I go to the buckets.
Huge volume, no need for airlock, no blow offs and a handy spigot for samples or racking to the bottling bucket.

bosco

Back