Did Oxiclean ruin my boil?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
I used Oxiclean to clean my brew kettle. I washed it out and wiped it with a dry paper towel. I just boiled 2 gallons of water and now there is small white looking bubbles on top of the water. Do I need to rinse out the brew kettle and start over?

The only thing you have in the kettle is water? If so then yes, I would discard and start over. Also, did you use Oxiclean, or Oxiclean Free? Free being the version you want to use.

Cheers.

Damn.

MY pot is stainless steal.

I used Oxiclean Versatile. It is the only one Target had that wasn't just for clothing.

I just started to proof my yeast and then realized what happened. The yeast should be ok to use still right?

Is that versatile free? The Oxiclean shouldn't be a problem as long as you rinse well. I prefer to use Barkeepers Friend(liquid) to clean my SS boil pot. Best $1.30 I ever spent. Get the pot wet, put in just enough to cover the bottom, let sit about a minute then wipe it down. Cleaner than new. Use that same rag to clean the entire pot then rinse. Make very sure you rinse the pot very very well.

Latest posts

Back