Did anyone else notice this about Guinness Draught...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc.rkitek

Reaction score
So, I've been collecting some Guinness Draught bottles for a while...I've got a cream stout in primary that is destined for them. Anyway, I've got this routine down...pull out the nitro widget with some needle nose, and xacto the heat-shrink label off. I've done this with about a case and a half of these bottles over the last couple months.

Sooo, last night I pick up another sixer, bring it home, and enjoy myself a couple. I go in the kitchen to pull the bottles out of soak and start my routine only to find there aren't any widgets in the bottles anymore! Then I notice the harp logo on the bottle looks a little different. So, I'm thinking my local liquor store is trying to pass off some inferior Chinese "Guinniss" or something...

Well after a bit of investigation, it turns out they change the label and "improved" their process:
http://www.guinness.com/en-us/thebeer-draught-bottle.html

Is it just me, or does this tilting-action they're describing sound a little hokey?

I have never tried that beer.....gotta give it a try I guess. Looks good, nice bottles also.

yeah...i really like the bottles. without the widget, they are now supereasy to de-label for my homebrew!

i had my first guinness a few days ago and noticed the new bottle and lack of widget. didn't taste the same to me. maybe i just subconsciously miss the widgets.

This is a bummer... Glad I just bought some the other day that had the widget so I can get one last taste.:(

Back