did a mango ipa and lefted with a lot of pulp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pdaigle

Reaction score
I have a lot of pulp in the keg, i poured a few glasses but it doesnt seem to get better. Will gelatin help in this case?

I suggest racking to another container. This will leave a lot of the pulp behind, but not all. That's one of the problems of using fruit.
In fact, you may want to rack twice (maybe adding a little sugar to get the yeast to consume any dissolved )2, and create CO2 to clear O2 out of the head space).
Let it settle for several hours or a day. And make sure you have little head space.

If it's in a keg and being served through the dip tube, which picks up beer from the bottom, then I don't see how gelatin could help. Gelatin helps things drop to the bottom... and the fruit appears to already be on the bottom.

If it's in a keg and being served through the dip tube, which picks up beer from the bottom, then I don't see how gelatin could help. Gelatin helps things drop to the bottom... and the fruit appears to already be on the bottom.

if gelatin will bring everything down right so the first pour will have most of everything. maybe I see this differently than you.

I use a pillow case (rinsed in StarSan of course) and then rack into that. Then just pull the sack out gently. Pulp and any leftover hop debris with come up nicely; really clear, every time.

Latest posts

Back