dead compressor fix or chuck?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekjohns

Reaction score
I purchased a kegerator for a steal on craigslist (well i could have been a steal) brought it home, waited a few hours and plugged it in. It then made a loud banging sound and then started to run but sounded like someone was spinning a marble in a coffee can. Well long story short the compressor stopped working 30 sec later and im pretty sure its gone. It is a danby kegerator and it seems like it is going to be a huge pain to fix but i dont want to give up on it yet. Is it possible to fix these or should i just trash it?

it is possible to fix but the cost may be prohibitive. look on the comp and see if you can find a serial# or model# and look it up on-line.

I live in columbus oh lets say its gonna cost way to much does anyone know if you can remove the door and just toss it? I would like to recycle but it looks like it is going to be expensive to do that and money is an issue

Yeah already done and have the parts on ebay since i already had a kegerator kit. Stupid thing is i have a small car and cannot get it to the recycle company

Back