Damn Fedex!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure I can do that here. It would be a fedex whare house and quite possibly a contractor here. I'll have to make the fedex people in the phone give me the address. Still means monday at the earliest though. :(

Fedex is generally cooperative. I had some product from China stuck in Anchorage, AK. I was able to call the local office, get transfered to Anchorage and give them the information they needed to finish processing the box.

Still a bummer when you were set to brew.

yeah, you usually have to call a day in advance so they can find it on the truck/warehouse.

and you're right, FedEx uses local contracted companies to deliver some stuff, especially out in the boonies.

Its times like that where I don't lament living in a small city.

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
God Damn Fedex.

According to tracking info, my hops have been in in town for 2 days but no delivery. Arghhhhhhhh! So much for brewing this weekend. They donlt deliver ground packages on weekends!

I thought FEDEX did weekends, but UPS didn't.

My experience is the longer the distance, the better FEDEX is on ground.

I'm in the NOLA area, and buy grains form North Country Malt (upstate NY). If I order before noon on Monday, I receive Thursday afternoon with FEDEX.

Can't get that with UPS. (but, UPS is great on zone 1 to zone 1 for ground - next day)

Sucks not having hops.

Hmm, my new neighbor obviously works for FedEx, he has about three of their trucks in his driveway at any given time. Should I go beat him up for you, just out of spite??:rockin:

Mebbe I should just sneak over at night and let all the air out of the FedEx tires............:D

Bernie Brewer said:
Hmm, my new neighbor obviously works for FedEx, he has about three of their trucks in his driveway at any given time. Should I go beat him up for you, just out of spite??:rockin:

Mebbe I should just sneak over at night and let all the air out of the FedEx tires............:D

Yes, Beat on him an tell him it's nothing personal and that he is to pass the beating up the chain of command.

But don't flatten the tires? What if it has someone else's overly late hops order. :eek:

Fed Ex sucks.

Fed Ex Home Delivery supposedly does deliveries on Saturdays but they must have missed my house last time.

My last package I had to go pickup, which was at the Fed Ex Home Delivery depot which is a completely different place then the regular Fed Ex depot. :confused: I had to pick it up since it required a signature of someone over 21 years old, so of course they try to deliver it during the middle of a weekday...

The previous package with Fed Ex was one where I had to actually meet the driver out somewhere because they couldn't manage to give me a delivery time. Please....those trucks and routes are timed down to the minute and they can't give me a 30 minute window for when the guy is going to ring my doorbell? I will never voluntarilly use Fed Ex again.

Sadlly UPS is even worse, at least out here. They "lost" my package 3 times in the same wharehouse, then forgot to put it on the truck when they found it.

Hops finally came today though! Downside is I now have an allergy test I have to go to tomorrow. :rolls eyes:

Wednesday here we go.

Yeah I have had mostly good experiences with them....until...recently when I sent my brother a package. It was a 1 day delivery time. Sent it on a Tuesday, it got to his area on a Wednesday. I wasn't sure his scheduling when he'd be home, but I didn't want the package sitting on his porch either (he's had trouble with some local wierdos...anyhow) so I opted for the signature of receipt (a fee goes along with this).

So Wednesday, the guy comes at 10:30. My brother isn't home...fair enough. So I call them and ask if there is any way that the delivery can be attempted after 4:00 pm on Thursday, she says that she can request it, but it's not a garauntee. No biggie, so I say ok (what do we have to lose?). She tells me he'll attempt delivery at the normal time if they cannot schedule it for after 4:00. Next day comes, my brother calls at around 5:00 PM and asks what's going on. "well we aren't anywhere near the area sir"....so basically they NEVER attempted delivery on that day.

Ok, so my brother decides to stay home for the morning of the next day (called in and said I WILL BE HOME, they say OK), it was a slight freezing rain storm, but he watched FEDEX vehicles go up the street several times that day...and yet they never came by. So he calls and they are like, oh well some of the vehicles didn't make it out this morning....Now I am getting nervous, because 3 days of attempted delivery (although Thursday was no attempt, the computer probably wouldn't flag that issue) and it goes to the warehouse for pickup only....thing is my brother is currently not able to drive so this is starting to stress me. Well he finally got it on Monday.

Granted there was probably some miscommunication there and the weather didn't help, but still I paid extra money for a signature which ended up screwing me. So basically unless you pay for the signature and/or pay for the 'after hours' (which really for home deliveries is really the only feasible option if you don't want to risk your package getting stolen) in order to be at peace.

Latest posts

Back