Damm weather......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redpappy

Reaction score
Last year I did not get to brew much because of the weather - rain.... I got the ok from the wife, so I got everything needed to brew indoors(EBIAB), beginning of the year. Then I went crazy, filled all 3 kegs I had ( so I bought 2 more), then filled 1 keg with cider, and even filled 4 cases of bottles....I brew 5 gal batches... Thoughts on this was when it rains, and I’m off I get to brew.. should have some decent supply.. Right now... I have 2 somewhat full kegs, a full cider and 2 cases.... all because it has been dry this year, so no brewing for me, to much work around the house to do. As much as I am loving the weather, I’m missing the excuse to brew...

Isn't it a comfort to know you can always ***** about the weather? LOL,... get your priorities straight , you don't need no damn excuse to brew.

A friend of mine always says that farmers complain more than anyone else he knows because its always either too wet to plant, too dry for the seeds to take off, its too wet the corn/beans will never dry out, its too dry so the corn/beans either cost too much to irrigate or they're not going to mature and the prices are always either too low its not worth the work or the prices are through the roof and they dont have enough time to get the work done.

Which is true and hilariously accurate, but unfortunately I can relate all too much. As the owner of a Lawncare business my life is dictated by the weather. We're 6" below average on rain this season and almost 10F hotter so not only have I been busy I've been uncomfortable lol. I had the chance to brew today but the forecast was a heat index of 111F with 50+% humidity. NOPE! They're predicting a week of rain coming up so I will fall behind on my work but will hopefully fill some fermentors.

Unfortunately I'm building a sour pipeline so I won't enjoy the fruits of my labor for another year unless I brew double time...gotta love first world problems. Cheers!

Yes I know that if I really wanted to brew I would. I chose the the “drunken ramblings and mindless mumbling” for a reason. Once I get to 2 cases, I know I have to brew to keep my pipeline going I will. It’s more of me complaining about Mother Nature and my expectation for what was going to happen( thinking of last year)If I came across as b*tchy because I Am Trying to throw blame some where else, I am not, And I do apologize for that.

I actually find it funny, I did all of the labors to not enjoy it this year... maybe next year.....

Worst case, I brew regularly and hey... I don’t have to deal with the elements ie.. hot, or cold...

hmmm, this has made up my mind....kegging my last batch, after this drink, maybe another....so i can salvage the yeast for a brew day tomorrow! (i look forward to postsing in all the brew day related threads! "who's brewing this weekend, how many gallons 2020," think there's a couple other ones.....)

and the heat wave is over, and i only had to run the A/C $15 worth extra!

The second is the most beautiful and disgusting thing I've seen.
hmmm, this has made up my mind....kegging my last batch, after this drink, maybe another....so i can salvage the yeast for a brew day tomorrow! (i look forward to postsing in all the brew day related threads! "who's brewing this weekend, how many gallons 2020," think there's a couple other ones.....)

and the heat wave is over, and i only had to run the A/C $15 worth extra!

all I have to say is LMAO

all I have to say is LMAO

funny you should say that...took me four drinks actually.....but as i type this the 2 kegs are in the fridge carbing and getting cold......think i'll mill my grain after another two, just as added motivation to actually brew tomorrow.....

Didn't want to start a thread so I'm glomming onto this one ;)

This is a really cool site I just found out about when checking out the storm down in the Bahamas.
It should come up with your location but you can move to anywhere in the world to check out the winds...

www.windy.com

Cheers!
That site is particularly fantastic if you are a pilot or sailor. Some of the best detailed forecasts available. Not only gives you winds, but cloud cover vs. altitude.

Brew on :mug:

Interesting, I wonder what the implications of all that warm air swirling around Iceland right now are. Does not seem normal.

I'll have to play around with it tomorrow when this tropical storm, hurricane, tropical storm, hurricane, weak hurricane passes us in FL.

Back