Dallas/Plano trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehk089

Reaction score
im flying into Dallas this week to stay a few days in Plano for work. Looking for recommendations on breweries to hit on the way from the airport to plano(a 30 minute drive I’m told). Any help would be appreciated if any locals can chime in.

Turning Point Brewing and Celestial Beerworks. Actually one of our own HBT members is currently a brewer at Celestial. Shout out to @plazola86

Celestial looked cool but opens up too late today

Celestial looked cool but opens up too late today. I did find one of their neipa on tap and it was pretty damn good.

Celestial looked cool but opens up too late today. I did find one of their neipa on tap and it was pretty damn good.
I like there beer. Not quite the mouthfeel feel of a typical true NEIPA but they rock the flavor profiles! Another Texas brewery I love is ingenious. They are in Huston area and make absolutely stunning milkshake style sours and IPAs. I had a peach cobbler ipa from them with peaches, cinnamon, graham, and vanilla that was Dryhopped With citra and Amarillo and it was a true masterpiece of brewing balance and precision

Ended up at unlawful assembly( after going to a tap house I didn’t know was a coffee shop)

Though out of your way, I think my fav in DFW area is Rahr.

[emoji17] that is sad to hear, I liked that place! I was wearing my hat yesterday. Any idea why?

Go green!
Go White!

I don't know for sure the reasons they closed. I think they were just having a hard time in a competitive market. They had a few good beers but also some pretty lousy ones. There's another brewery in Grapevine called Hop & Sting and I believe they took over Grapevine Brewing's space. I don't get up to the Grapevine area very often, it's a hike from the part of Dallas where I live.

Back