Daddy's Juice pomegranate cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

applescrap

Be the ball!
Reaction score
Preview- it's a simple idea. Take quality apple juice and ferment it bone dry with champagne yeast, (the higher gravity finishes dont taste as good in this jmo), and backsweeten it with the highest quality organic pomegranate juice you can find. Daddy's orchard is same but blackcherry juice.

Everything you love about daddy's orchard plus more. This time, wait for it, pomegranate juice. Thats right freaking pomegranate juice. Lower in calories, probably good for you, don't know. The pomagranate is only a backsweetener, its not fermented. It is mixed after fermentation at 4 g fermented apple juice to 1 g pomegrante juice. My wife took one sip and said, thats amazing. I thought the same. No more fermenting in plastic, bpa sucks. Check plastic for number underneath. That correlates with safety considerations. I will either switch to 5g home depot food safe bucket or find better juice in containers.

1 gallon members mark apple juice
1/5th red star champagne yeast pack
Yeast nutrient per directions and desired (staggered, etc..)
1 Camden tablet
potassium sorbate according to directions
One quart simple truth pomegrante juice

Add yeast nutrient and yeast to 1g apple juice
Ferment
Add 1camden tab per gallon
Add sorbate per directions
Cold crash overnight
Keg with one quart simple truth pomagranate juice

I've done one similar going 80-20 apple juice to fresh pomegranate juice and fermented together. I back sweetened with a pomegranate syrup I made from fresh juice and it was a huge hit. Next year with Poms are in season again I'll make a much bigger batch.

Back