Curved Door kegerator Build Issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IwanaBrich

Reaction score
I'm building a kegerator with a smallish upright whirlpool (freezer on top) refrigerator and I don't know how to handle the curved doors. I plan up putting 3 beer faucets thru the door and if possible I'd like to install a drip tray of sorts. Unfortunately all of the drip trays are square. The frig has quite a curve in the doors, so much so that If I hold a 12" straight edge against the middle of the door, it sticks out 1/2" on each end.

Has anyone ever faced this issue before? If so How did you handle it?

Should I just mount the beer faucets on the door and skip the drip tray altogether?

Your thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Interesting idea, but it may look odd. Funny part is the 3 drip trays are worth more than the frig cost new!

After I made the post I used my band saw and I cut a wooden filler piece (out of a 1' 2x4) that almost perfectly fits the curve of the door. It would enable me to at least install the tray on to something flat, but it too may not hold up well. I've also considered just putting a cheap plastic tray on the floor under the faucets.

Someone on HBT recently went through the exact same issue.
When he attached a typical hanging stainless steel drip tray the better part of the hanging bracket formed itself to the curve and it actually came out looking great...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back