CthulBrew! Ia! Ia!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlarham

Reaction score
Boredom + Lovecraft + Beer = CthulBrew!

cthulbrew.jpg

As you can see...the Great Old Ones love stout.

Beautiful! I've got my Azathoth Apfelwein in the carboy now. This was my last one:

4327185722_d67e79f44a_o.jpg

Already brewed this (Cthulhu Dementia Robust Porter). I figured something like this would be mentioned eventually. I have been developing recipes for each of the Great Old Ones. I already know what each brew will be and got pro artists working on the label art. Will take another two years or so to finally finish forming the right recipes for them, but I believe it will be worth it. Currently have the Cthulhu porter and Nyarlathotep 999 IIPA.
Love it. I need one with a Shoggoth on it...
Got a (Bavarian) hefe for this one. If you are familiar with lovecraft, you should get why it has to be a hefe.

Beautiful! I've got my Azathoth Apfelwein in the carboy now.

Azathoth... apfelwein? Dude naw. You can't have the greatest Old One WHO DEVOURS UNIVERSES be an apfelwein.

Azathoth... apfelwein? Dude naw. You can't have the greatest Old One WHO DEVOURS UNIVERSES be an apfelwein.

Azathoth is the blind idiot god; so of course a couple of bottles of Apflewein should head me right down that path!

Azathoth is the blind idiot god; so of course a couple of bottles of Apflewein should head me right down that path!

Icwutudidthar. Still seems a little bit off. I'm making my Azathoth brew an Old Ale (fitting) or possibly a black ale.. But I'm shooting for the Old Ale.

Yeah, it does seem a bit off I agree. But out of everyone that drinks this, me and maybe one other person get the reference...so I try to keep it relatively simple, matching letters and what not. ie. the Byakhee Brown Ale in the primary right now. I also like to find a Lovecraft (or related) quote for the bottle that is appropriate.

I like the Old Ale for Azathoth; that fits.

Yeah, it does seem a bit off I agree. But out of everyone that drinks this, me and maybe one other person get the reference...so I try to keep it relatively simple, matching letters and what not. ie. the Byakhee Brown Ale in the primary right now. I also like to find a Lovecraft (or related) quote for the bottle that is appropriate.

I like the Old Ale for Azathoth; that fits.

Haha, yeah, I'm looking to make a 6-pack sampler of the Great Ole Ones. Best concept ever. It'll keep me busy brewing (and trying to perfect) different styles.

So I decided that since he was labeling a stout...I should give him a black bg. I also changed the highlights, and added some shading and suckers.

cthulbrewblack.jpg

Latest posts

Back