crisp clear taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pho soup. A bigazz bowl of it. And bloody Mary. And advil. And water.
Then more beer.

In college, when I'd get home from parties/bars at like 2 in the morning, I'd take a few massive swigs my my giant gatorade bottle I always had in the fridge in my room. I also would take a couple swigs when I'd inevitably get up to pee in the middle of the night.

For me it's always been about rehydrating after drinking. As much as I drink, the only time I get a hangover is when I do 2+ bottles of wine or black out off bottom shelf booze.

I drink a "Revive" Vitamin water. It seems to help me. If I can drink 1 before bed and then 1 in the morning even better. Helps me at least.

The other thing I have noticed is exercise. If I can get up and mow the grass on a hot day, or something else (while drinking water or Gatorade) it seems to help as well.

Well. Definitely don,t drink apfelwein With a beer drinkers mentality. It will destroy your brain quickly and decisively.

The best solution to hangovers is to prevent them, and I have found the perfect method for it. Ive only had 3 or 4 hangovers in my life, 2 during college and 2 during pilot training.

Here is my system:
Drink a **** ton of water everyday all day. Simple and healthy, I also take multivitamins but thats because my diet is bad. People drink too much soda, coffee, energy drinks etc. and most of those dont hydrate you, they actually help dehydrate you like alcohol. Most the time people start off dehydrated. So my advice is to change your drinking habits and start drinking more water, not just when you drink

Oh, definitely this. Consider it 'stretching' for drinking. Since it's the dehydration that's hurting you, you're basically building in a buffer zone. If you wait until you're already dehydrated it's real hard to add hydration faster than the booze is siphoning it from you.

Everyone's different though. I find I need to stay up for a bit before crashing after drinking. After i've fallen asleep if I try to drink water/gatorade stuff in the middle of the night or right when I get up I find it messes with my sense of balance and tends to make me sick.

Water, water, water. I always chug as much water at the end of the night as I can, and a multi-vitamin would help too.

In fact, take a multi-vitamin, a glutamine pill, and a glass of water right before you start drinking. Guarantee you'll be an alcoholic powerhouse.

Daniel G
AHA Intern

I know... It certainly helps you self-limit. The alcohol also doesn't hit you anywhere near as fast.

I can't do this, get way too bloated with water...can't process it fast enough if I drink a glass of water after a glass of beer hehe, feels gross!

Big couple glasses of water before bed, good to go! Or, go back to being a teenager when hangovers were just a myth.

Personally I'm going metrosexual on this, my only/worst symptom is that my eyes are drowsy as **** the day after. I used to have a sweet "under-eye-lotion" with coffeine that combined with a cup, or two, of coffee would get me right back into fighting shape. Altough it wouldn't solve the "you smell like alcohol"-comments.
/Bachelor of science.

as everyone has said.....WATER

but i also take a couple ibuprofen (advil) before bed and that will help, atleast it seems to haha

but NEVER take tylenol

Or, go back to being a teenager when hangovers were just a myth.

i was never that lucky as a teen. i guess the time i raided my parents liquor cabinet and drank all different kinds didnt help my cause.

hangovers suck more now though that im older or maybe its cause i cant stay in bed till 4pm anymore haha

i was never that lucky as a teen. i guess the time i raided my parents liquor cabinet and drank all different kinds didnt help my cause.

hangovers suck more now though that im older or maybe its cause i cant stay in bed till 4pm anymore haha

hah that might be the difference actually ;)

I find the best way is to drink as much water as you can after you finish and then when you get up. I also find when I put ice in my beer it makes things better. I get some flack when I put ice in my beer

Your body doesn't want alcohol in it. It is basically rotted veggies that screws up your motor skills. It's nice to sit around talking with people and drinking good beer, because wihtout the beer many girls wouldn't get sex and a lot of guys wouldn't. Three hundred pounders would never get sex. But if you want to drink and not get a headache let me suggest you fill a glass with ice and pour in your beer. It will give you water and also water down the beer. You can drink more and won't get drunk so fast, because face it could you imagine if you drank something you were stoned drunk after 20 minutes and then pass out inside an hour. I always use ice in my beer and to me it tastes better. So you can control the alcohol this way. Now if you're talking about Budweiser I don't know what to tell you, because that stuff is nasty.

Welcome!

I'm not sure exactly what you're experiencing as "after taste", but most people start brewing their own beer because they want something more flavorful and more diverse than Bud. But, I should warn you: like wine and vodka, beer is made from sugars.

Beer has no sugar. Vodka is not made with sugar. Wine has natural sugar and it's how you get the alcohol, but very dry wine all the sugar has been converted to alcohol.

I have sometimes drank beer without a bitter after taste, but not often. I have never drank home brew, but I'm thinking you could really play with it and produce a beer that has a mild flavor. I have to say I am wuss when it comes to alcohol. I like nice flavor and the coolness of a beer. But how people drink those ales and that red stuff at room temperature I don't know. Of course there are people who drink straight whiseky and vodka and I have seen many. Now way can they say they like the taste of pure liquor.

People drink beer so they can run their mouth and talk about stupid stuff for a few hours. If you sit and talk with a bunch of guys with no alcohol the conversation wouldn't last long.

When I was in the Army many years ago we found the perfect hangover prevention. We just gave each other IV's after a hard night of drinking. Worked every time:cross:

Ales aren't drunk at room temp. But rather,cool basement temps are the norme. I keep my fridge at 45-47F to chill my ales. So in the glass,they're about 50F. Common in England where ales started.

I have sometimes drank beer without a bitter after taste, but not often. I have never drank home brew, but I'm thinking you could really play with it and produce a beer that has a mild flavor. I have to say I am wuss when it comes to alcohol. I like nice flavor and the coolness of a beer. But how people drink those ales and that red stuff at room temperature I don't know. Of course there are people who drink straight whiseky and vodka and I have seen many. Now way can they say they like the taste of pure liquor.

People drink beer so they can run their mouth and talk about stupid stuff for a few hours. If you sit and talk with a bunch of guys with no alcohol the conversation wouldn't last long.

lol, ever think it's maybe just you? Seems it might be a little tough to have a pleasant conversation weather I was drunk or not.

:D....beer has no sugar!

Read this guy's other posts. I'm pretty sure he's 12 years old.

Beer contains unfermentable sugars that make up the taste & color. Only simple sugars get converted to alcohol & co2.

Read the OP's other posts (including this same one back in March). I'm pretty sure he's 12....or retarded. Is that the PC term? Maybe special/gifted? :hs::confused:

Just buy cases of Coors Light, no offensive taste, no time required to make it, and probably cost less than homebrewing.

Read the OP's other posts (including this same one back in March). I'm pretty sure he's 12....or retarded. Is that the PC term? Maybe special/gifted? :hs::confused:

Wait, what, are you saying you don't drink your beer on the rocks? :eek::D

Rick

I *exclusively* drink light beer on the rocks with a swirly straw and 3 twists of orange. I meet lots of cool dudes every time I hit the bar. They never introduce me to their girlfriends, though??? :confused:

I *exclusively* drink light beer on the rocks with a swirly straw and 3 twists of orange. I meet lots of cool dudes every time I hit the bar. They never introduce me to their girlfriends, though??? :confused:

Hmmm... strange that. :fro:

Rick :mug:

First, Bud has maybe as little flavor as you can get in a beer, save for the American "LITE" style beers. The aftertaste you refer to is the hops. Again, Bud is very low on flavor, relative to pretty much every other style of beer in existence.

That said, I've seen other people who say they don't like beer, give a very flavorful beer a try, like a stout, and just love them. Maybe it's a hoppy beer. Just something about that particular style that turns them on.

As far as sugar, no, beer doesn't have much sugar after fermentation, but it has alcohol, which many consider to be just as bad for dieting purposes.

That is why I am trying to cut back on my other sugars and carbs. So I don't feel as guilty having 1-2 beers a night after work.

First, Bud has maybe as little flavor as you can get in a beer, save for the American "LITE" style beers. The aftertaste you refer to is the hops. Again, Bud is very low on flavor, relative to pretty much every other style of beer in existence.
I find Bud has a sweet aftertaste. Hops are not noticeable.

I recommend doing a 90 min boil of at least 6.5 gallons add another gallon at 45 mins and 4 cups at 15 mins. Put in 5 lemon wedges at flame out and cool for 7-10 days. If still to strong subtract the lemon wedges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back