Crazy idea. Need some help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wwillmon

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum so bear with me. I come from a car customization, car audio background and own my own shop. I am currently working on a limo golf cart that will be completely custom.

I will be removing the middle row of seats and be buildings mini bar. I want a fully functioning mini bar with a keg and tap and all that. This is where I need help at. I have never messed with any type of DIY kegerators or anything like that. The most knowledge I have is college parties with a keg and tap, so I need help and guidance. Can anyone help me figure out what parts I need to make this happen and where I can purchase them at?

So..... you want to put a keg in a golf cart that is going to be driven around and then serve beer out of it?? I guess the first thing I would wonder about is - How are you going to keep the beer from shaking and just being foam upon serving?

Not sure if that is going to be a big deal, is there a solution for that, etc..... but, you will want to make sure that is a non-issue before worrying about anything else.

So..... you want to put a keg in a golf cart that is going to be driven around and then serve beer out of it?? I guess the first thing I would wonder about is - How are you going to keep the beer from shaking and just being foam upon serving?

I've played many golf tournaments where they drive around with kegs of beer. Doesn't seem to be a problem, beer pours fine.

NOTE: I bottle and don't keg. Apart from being a recipient of beer dispensed from a keg, I have no other experience.

Going to be a complex issue resulting in foamy, foamy beer.
I've worked at 2 golf courses and played many others, I have never seen draft beer over a cart.
Most parties you bring the keg in as early as possibly to let it set a few hours before service.
Good news, you won't need to pump a keg on a cart - it will have plenty of pressure.

I should have clarified before, but the cart won't be driven very much. Probably the most it will be driven is from a trailer to a parking spot at a car show, event, parade, etc. it will be more of a custom vehicle promoting my shop. So it won't get driven very much at all, so the keg sloshing around shouldn't be a problem.

As long as the beer is kept at a very cool temperature (and your not shaking the hell out of it by driving 18 holes of golf) you'll be able to keep more co2 in suspension and serving should be a non issue. Do they make smaller top loading fridges? That seems ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I think the easiest way to go about this is to have the beer kept cold using ice, not a fridge. A fridge will likely need to have a good source of current to keep it cold, and Ice should do a good job for the amount of time it will be on display.

So get an insulated box (maybe a cube cooler) add ice water and a keg (Corney keg that we homebrewers use, or a 15 gallon pony) and attach a 5# Co2 tank.

Not sure where or how you plan the place the faucets. If it's out the back, next to the cooler, than you can probably get away with just coiling some liquid tubing up (About 10-12' of 3/16 bevflex), but if the faucets will be placed farther away, you might need to find a way to keep them cold as well. Warm tap lines can cause foaming.

Personally, I'd probably appreciate the faucets being mounted right into the body of the cart.

If we had some pics of the cart in question, we might be able to offer better advice.

Latest posts

Back