Craziest thing just happened due to my stupidity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewingbound

Reaction score
SWMBO took a sleeping pill tonight. After she fell asleep I was getting the urge to fill my tobacco craving. So I get up and realize that I had left it in my car. I grab my car key, slip into shorts, and slid on some shoes to run outside and get it real fast, shutting the door behind me. At this time of night it's getting very cold and raining. Little did I know that I accidentally locked the door behind me. It took a good 10-15 minutes befof knocking before I woke up SWMBO to let me in. I was freezing. It's funny now but at the time it was awful.

Not quite locking the door, but a similar thing happened to my buddy. He wanted to propose to his now wife on the day of their first date. Happened to be in February. In his mind, he had it all planned out, and it would have been good, but the weather got in the way. When he came home from work, instead of just coming in the house, he stopped at the door and knelt down to hold the ring out for her. Then he knocked. She thought it was probably some weirdo, so she locked the door. Every few minutes, he knocked again, and after each successive knocking, she got more and more weirded out, especially considering she couldn't see anything through the peephole.

This went on for about twenty minutes. In February. In a snowstorm. With insufficient outdoor clothing. When she finally opened the door, all she saw was the ring and just about closed the door on her frozen fiancée. It's a funny story now but he was kinda pissed when it was done.

Well only someone idiot enough to propose on the first date would also kneel outside in a snowstorm knocking on a door for twenty minutes...

Back