Craftabrew Catalyst vs Brewtec Mash n boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRamm

Reaction score
I am new to home brewing and I am starting out with one gallon batch kits. I eventually want to move up to 5 gallon batches and saw the Catalyst system and the mash and boil system. I like the ease of clean up with the collection system of the Catalyst but also like the ease of mashing and boiling of the Brewtec system. Anyone have any thoughts on these two systems? Thanks in advance!

Hey KRamm,
The two systems you are talking about are for two different steps in the brewing process. The Catalyst is a fermentation system, and the Mash and Boil is for the actual brewing process, so both can be used. Brew in the mash and boil, and ferment in the Cataylst. I own a catalyst, and I do like its collection system, and can be very helpful in the future if you start re-using yeast. I have no experience with the Mash and Boil, so I'm afraid I am no help there. However, most of the Mash and Boil features are geared towards all-grain brewing, so keep that in mind when choosing.
Hope this helps!

Back