Cracked pink glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackschnauzer

Reaction score
It's been so hot here in so cal that on Tuesday I grabbed a pint glass from my hot garage and poured a cold one into it and the whole glass just split right in half down the middle! I couldn't believe it! Anyone else have something like that happen to you?

It's been so hot here in so cal that on Tuesday I grabbed a pint glass from my hot garage and poured a cold one into it and the whole glass just split right in half down the middle! I couldn't believe it! Anyone else have something like that happen to you?

Wild! Have any pictures?

You could glue a flat piece of glass to each half and give to a half glass of beer to anyone who asks for a light (Lite) beer. :mug:

I had that happen with a water glass fresh out of the dishwasher. Pulled it out of the washer, put some ice in it and filled it up. A couple hours later I was looking at it at the right angle and saw a crack all the way around the base.

Thermal shock: how does it work?!?!
magnets.jpg

Haha it was very hot and the beer was very cold. I wish I took a picture of the glass because it was cracked down the middle so perfectly. I'm just glad it wasn't my glass carboy!!!

Well after a hot day I set my tulip glass down and snapped off the stem. What I failed to mention is that the glass had held several fills prior and was empty....

Back