CPVC Mash Tun Manifold to SS weldless fitting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigirishape

Reaction score
I have a big 70qt Coleman cooler I picked up, along with a weldless cooler fitting set from BargainFittings. I'm also planning to build a 3/4" CPVC Manifold for inside the cooler. Long story short, I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to attach the two, so I'm hoping someone here may have suggestions...

The inside of the cooler is a 1/2" Male NPT fitting, and it came with a 1/2" female NPT to hose barb for the inside that I was planning to use, but plans changed.

I need to find something that will adapt/convert the 3/4" CPVC pipe T-coupling down to the 1/2" threaded Male MPT fitting.

I've gone to Lowes and spent so much time looking around and trying bits of this and that, I almost had to pee twice in the store...so any suggestions from the more seasoned DIYers out here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/1-2-id-thermoplastic-tubing.html

3/4" OD should fit snugly into your CPVC Tee... Attach to the 1/2" hose barb and you're golden.

It'll look like this, but with a hose barb on the bulkhead side...

Saratoga-20110705-00187.jpg

I have thermo tubing 1/2" ID, and I'm pretty sure that makes it 3/4" OD, right? Or is there a smaller OD with 1/2" ID? I just tried to fit the tubing into the 3/4" CPVC T-connector, and it is way loose...

Maybe my tubing is 1/2" inner and not 3/4" outer?

Ah yes... The 3/4" fittings are 7/8" ID to match the OD of the 3/4" tubing. Why are you running 3/4" again? 1/2" seems much easier and a bit cheaper.

Edit: I just re-read your OP and it sounds like you haven't built the 3/4" manifold. I would recommend going with 1/2" tubing as it would be much easier for you to match up your fittings.

Back