Costco...craft beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yellowirenut said:
Was able to stop by during lunch. Much of the selection was the same stuff you find at the grocery. Except this... For $18 I thought i would take a chance. Anyone else try Ommegang?

Yes I believe they are out if Cooperstown NY. Hennepin is fantastic IMO

Yes Ommengang is about 60 minutes from me and I love that brewery. They are owned by Duvel now I believe and also have some distribution of imports. Tasting room is fantastic as is their food! I recommend the Hennepin, Rare Vos and Witte.

Roseville.

I do want to say that the executive membership ($110) wasn't worth it for me. We will probably sign up again when the kids are grown up, but for the last two years we didn't spend nearly enough money to make it worthwhile.

IIRC you can get a refund of 55 if your yearly check doesn't come to 55.

Win-win either way.

IIRC you can get a refund of 55 if your yearly check doesn't come to 55.

Win-win either way.

Your mileage may vary on collecting that. We had no trouble at all, but my in-laws had to argue with them for about 20 minutes to get them to refund the cost.

Yellowirenut said:
Was able to stop by during lunch. Much of the selection was the same stuff you find at the grocery.

Except this...

For $18 I thought i would take a chance.
Anyone else try Ommegang?

Good price on those, and they're all really great. Their Witte is another that is good. I've seen it for $6 for a 12 oz bottle.

Two things:

1. Beer selection varies by the season, but has usually been good.

2. Before we got a Costco membership, we told them we wanted to look around the store and they happily let us go through after first giving us a membership brochure

IMG_2753.jpg

I was a little bit surprised to see this at the costo down the street from me on Morena Blvd.

Local Costco here had 6 bottles of Sam Adams Utopias for $150 each. My brew club members bought up 4 of the six bottles

Nice little haul from Costco yesterday. I was stoked they finally had stuff other than IPA's, DIPA's, Hef's and belgian types... (I have a bit of IPA fatigue at the moment and generally don't drink belgian types as often any more)

Photo%20Nov%2019%2C%206%2021%2056%20PM.jpg

A few days ago I found variety packs of bombers from both new belgium and portland brewing. Today I run in and find iceman and rodenbach grand cru

Back