Corny Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschumacher

Reaction score
Is it possible to remove some plastic from the bottom of a corny keg? I need to shorten my ball lock kegs if it is possible to fit into a smaller freezer.
Thanks

You might get a half inch by removing the bottom black base.

Might. but the bottom is rounded so that presents a new issue.

They make low profile disconnects too.

but it might just be futile if the freezer's too short.

It might be easier just to build a collar around the freezer. I build one in a couple of hours with a minimal amount of tools.

I think it cost $6 for lumber and $2 for caulk. I had some paint but that's not expensive either.

That being said I used 2x6s and wish I would have used 2x10s

It might be easier just to build a collar around the freezer. I build one in a couple of hours with a minimal amount of tools.

I think it cost $6 for lumber and $2 for caulk. I had some paint but that's not expensive either.

That being said I used 2x6s and wish I would have used 2x10s

thats a little low on lumber,, price of everythign is going thru the roof.. and my problem with the standard 2x anything collar is the insulation value of it.. i went a little overboard with my collar but it is awesome. having said that.. ive seen people that do a 2x3 collar even .. gives you enough room to do everything but is prob in that cost aspect.,. good luck with your decision..

Lumber must be the only thing that is cheaper in Canada. My 2x4x92 were $2.78 each. If you are worried about R value you could always cut up a sheet of that Foamular Insulation Board.

Thanks everyone. I just ended up doing a few samll modifications and ws able to get both corny kegs to fit.

Back