Copenhagen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started when I was 12, and have chewed fine cut, long cut, big leaf, etc of about every brand out there. Sept. of 06 rolls around and here comes a sinus infection (pain and numbness along my jaw), except I didn't recognize it as such and thought "Oh crap, I may have caught myself a cancer after all."

I quit right then and there after 25 yrs, visited my dentist and doctor, both signed off on my C scare being just a scare, and have not chewed for 2 yrs 4 months. I can take a can from a friend, open it, give it a big sniff, and hand it back, no problem. I ate many pounds of Atomic Fireballs the first few months. I then switched to gum on occasion, and now rely on nothing.

Don't worry. I'm off to bed now.

Good for you shecky. If you want to quit, I will encourage you. I will have my wife, who is pretty awesome wielding a slipper as you have heard, instruct your wife in the finer points of "shoe-marksmanship". I size 6 to the back of the head every time you crack a can will go a long way to helping you quit.
I am always there for you bro.

I started when I was 12, and have chewed fine cut, long cut, big leaf, etc of about every brand out there. Sept. of 06 rolls around and here comes a sinus infection (pain and numbness along my jaw), except I didn't recognize it as such and thought "Oh crap, I may have caught myself a cancer after all."

I quit right then and there after 25 yrs, visited my dentist and doctor, both signed off on my C scare being just a scare, and have not chewed for 2 yrs 4 months. I can take a can from a friend, open it, give it a big sniff, and hand it back, no problem. I ate many pounds of Atomic Fireballs the first few months. I then switched to gum on occasion, and now rely on nothing.

Good for you. Sometimes it take a good scare to get results.
I almost swore off sex after the ol' winky suffered a bit of redness and swelling, but it turned out to be over-use..... But I ALMOST quit!

well its almost a month now after 25years of cope. I am chewing the fake smokey mountain miserable excuse for chew by the bucketfull. It helps just having something stuck in my lip. As for almost swearing off sex, whats wrong with you?:D

Back