Coopers Kit OG 1.01!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaggard

Reaction score
I warmed my coopers Australian pale ale kit, put it in the bucket - added 23 litres of water and tested the SP before adding the yeast.... the hydrometer read 1.01! Wtf!! The only thing I can think of is I took a sample before the sugars had properly diluted in the water. Thoughts???! Suggestions?!

I warmed my coopers Australian pale ale kit, put it in the bucket - added 23 litres of water and tested the SP before adding the yeast.... the hydrometer read 1.01! Wtf!! The only thing I can think of is I took a sample before the sugars had properly diluted in the water. Thoughts???! Suggestions?!
RDWHAHB!?!!

It could be as you suspect the extract and sugars may not have been mixed thoroughly. How much additional brewing sugar eg..DME did you add with your extract or did the kit contain a prescribed amount?

Last edited:
Definitely sounds like stratified wort. Also did you add DME to the wort as well? My first kit was a coopers kit and I had to make an emergency run to the store to pick some up because I didn't realize I needed any until I got into the instructions.

Latest posts

Back