convert a sankey to a MLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onlineyes

Reaction score
I want to convert a sankey keg to a MLT. I plan to use a false bottom. I can find many examples on how to do this. BUT I was planning to weld a fitting in the center of the bottom. close the hole in the false bottom that I already have and run a short length of SS pipe from yhe bottom center to the outside edge of the keg where I will install a ball valve.

I will insulate with a hot water heater blanket.

If I like the way it works I will have it sprayed with insulating foam.

This is my plan. Does anybody see a problem with the fitting in the bottom of the keg.

Thanks in advance

I'm gonna take a 1/2" SS elbow and grind one side off until it is flush. I'm going off center to avoid problems fitting the keggle on my burners. For me the biggest thing is keeping the elbow flush with the bottom of the keg. Here is a thread where Bobby talks about doing the same thing in the center. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/thermometers-spickets-sightglasses-oh-my-56631/

fitting1.jpg

fitting2.jpg

fitting3.jpg

Back